Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 into 73 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 into 73 Camaro

I am new to this board.I have the chance to get an LS1,6 speed,harness form a 2000 vette for dirt cheap.I would like to put this in my camaro,but know the trans won't work(w/o much modification to chassis),but need some advise on what to look for in buying an LS1.
It is coming from a local yard so I feel I can trust them to an extent.I will check the obvious like oil,coolant,plugs and ensure it turns over with ease.I am going to see if he has the computer and spearte directed me to get the throttle and it's controller as well as the computer if it is there.
Will it be hard to sell or swap the vette 6 speed in exchange for an fbody trans without losing money?I imagine it would be to expensive to install the C5 rear suspension just to use the vette trans.
Thanks , Joe
Old 05-12-2002, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LS1 into 73 Camaro

Joe,
I am working on the same set up, I am very happy with the progress so far. The LS1 / T56 fits so well (except for the A/C unit I did notch the subframe for clearance). I made motor mounts no biggie, I used the 350 TH trans mount by cutting the mounting tab off the back and welding it to the front, it bolts into the stock holes on the subframe. By the way if you drill a hole in the center of that trans mount the motor/trans will be located just right front to rear in the subframe.
Tom
www.geocities.com/thelastcaboose/halfast

Quick Reply: LS1 into 73 Camaro