Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Column PNRD Switch On F-Body 4L60E Question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005 | 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

Question Column PNRD Switch On F-Body 4L60E Question?

'96 GMC Truck 4L60E tranny, that came out of the truck, had a PNRD switch on the side somewhere(?)... F-Body 4L60E tranny, going in the truck, does not have a PNRD switch on the side of the tranny(?)...How do I install one? Do I need one? Thanks for any input. Gar
Old 11-09-2005 | 03:22 PM
sawzall wielding director
20 Year Member

The f-body trans should have the bolt holes for the switch, the shaft just isn`t long enough right? As long as the bolt holes on the trans case are there you just need to put a longer "Truck" shift shaft in, you can get them from the dealer for about $15. If you are using the factory wiring harness the computer uses the lower connector on the switch so it knows what gear it is in and the upper connector controls your reverse lights and the gear indicator on the dashboard. Not a big deal to change shafts, just drop the pan and then only one nut holds the shaft in. I have pics if you want me to e-mail them to ya just pm me an address.
Old 11-10-2005 | 07:21 AM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up PNRD 4L60E Tranny Switch Install...

G-Body...That would be great if you could please E-mail me the photos! That would be most helpful. Thanks very much! EWHeinrich@bellsouth.net Gar