Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: ABS

I dont know why you would wanna remove it but yeah it should still work.
Old 11-09-2002, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Well I am building the truck as a show piece and want to do away with a lot of the stuff under the hood. Such as ABS, A/C and maybe even the power steering. Not only am I building it for show but I also want it to perform. The motor is estimated to be around 440 RW Hp and I plan on using around a 200 shot of N20. So I figured buy removing some of the clutter it would look a lot nicer and would help me lighten up the truck.
Old 11-10-2002, 12:08 AM
Teching In

Default ABS

I am in the process of putting a Ls1 into a 95 S-10. The truck was quipped with RWAL brakes. For this conversion I do not want to use the antilock system. IF I reconnect my power break booster. And remove the antilock wiring/controller will my brakes still work properly with the ABS stuff removed? Or do I need to buy a different non-ABS setup?
Old 11-19-2002, 01:34 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

i have a 94 truck i installed an ls1 into and after i bypassed the antilock system my brakes did funky things, for example, my right blinker doesn't work when i push the brakes, but does when i let off.

everything will work ok (brakes and stoping) but you may run into some problems like i did.

http://www.ls1truck.com

allen