Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Five GTM supercar

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 06:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah before you spend that kinda money and get into that kind of project I'd have to see one and the factory first.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

I've poked around the Ultima sites. Car is too narrow in the passenger compartment from what I can tell. Does not look like it would be comfortable.

Comparing to the GT40 cars, consider that the GTM has a substantially wider front and rear track, longer wheelbase => much better handling and stability, as that would really be necessary with even a stock LS1.

Engine wise, you are going to have limited space for power adders. Not sure you could get a S/C in there, although perhaps a maggie [or the KB LS1 twin screw that they are working on ]. Turbo...just can't imagine it...and I am a turbo fan [see my GTO!].

Styling...amazing. The more I check out this car, the more beautiful it becomes.

Cost...well...good grief, we've got guys w/ $50-60K camaros around here! Still, the 20k kit has a LOT of the goodies needed. Just don't go insane on your engine!
Old 12-05-2005, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah but how many of us have that much self control? We would all have cars that NASA would be interested in if we had the money.

Quick Reply: Factory Five GTM supercar