Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with fuel pump activation on painless wiring kit, should injectors cycle?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 05:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with fuel pump activation on painless wiring kit, should injectors cycle?

There is a very long grey wire that says fuel pump on it that looks like it run it to the fuel pump. I attached it to the positive side of the pump and grounded the other side (inline fuel pump).

When i turn on the key, it never activates the pump. any ideas? I ran a switch to the fuel pump temporarily to make it turn on. But when i turn the key on , the only sound i hear is some kind of noise in the throttle body (TPS?) and i dont hear the injectors cycle or do anything. Do i have something wrong?
Old 04-24-2003, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Problem with fuel pump activation on painless wiring kit, should injectors cycle?

I have the same painless harness. But I am not yet ready to start it. I would try putting a test light to the grey fuel pump wire to see if it is getting any voltage when the key is on. My concern that I have is that there is another wire in the painless system that says fuel pump test. Why is there two wires? Sorry I cant be more help. I wonder if I will run into the same problem. Good luck
Old 04-24-2003, 07:27 PM
Banned

Default Re: Problem with fuel pump activation on painless wiring kit, should injectors cycle?

Yea your in the same boat as me. I dont see what the fuel pump test wire is for. And the fuel pump wire is REALLY long, so you would think it would run to the pump,.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

You're using that fuel pump output to trigger a relay that activates the fuel pump and hopefully not just wiring the PCM output to the fuel pump input?

For best results do this:

Get a standard 12 volt Bosch relay from a car audio shop. Mount the relay to trigger the pump as close as possible to the pump. Wire from the battery to the relay using some nice 10 gauge stranded wire (make sure you fuse it at the source) use the PCM fuel pump wire to trigger the relay. There is actually a fairly substantial voltage drop using light gauge wire to power a fuel pump over the 12 or so feet from the power source to the pump. Pumps draw a lot of current.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by C4VetteLS1:
<strong> There is a very long grey wire that says fuel pump on it that looks like it run it to the fuel pump. I attached it to the positive side of the pump and grounded the other side (inline fuel pump).

When i turn on the key, it never activates the pump. any ideas? I ran a switch to the fuel pump temporarily to make it turn on. But when i turn the key on , the only sound i hear is some kind of noise in the throttle body (TPS?) and i dont hear the injectors cycle or do anything. Do i have something wrong? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Quick Reply: Problem with fuel pump activation on painless wiring kit, should injectors cycle?