Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Bracket alterantives

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 08:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about all the labor and cost involved in cutting the parts out. Paying for the tools that can make a nice clean cut and clean welds. None of that stuff is cheap or everyone here would have it. It also takes time to do the design work. Having to buy the engines and frames to do the design for the first ones. The people have to be able to make a living or they wouldn't be doing this very long. But you can always do all this stuff yourself and we 'd see all kinds of new ideas and ways of doing it.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

i wish somebody was makinf a simple and affordable steel bracket for this. Or have a draving for us guys to do it for ourself.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm surprised nobody's brought this one up yet. Must be pretty new.

http://www.marchperf.com/pg56.html
Old 12-04-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by thesoundandthefury
I'm surprised nobody's brought this one up yet. Must be pretty new.

http://www.marchperf.com/pg56.html
yea, that looks less expensive

sweet though!
Old 12-04-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SatisTraction
yea, that looks less expensive

sweet though!

NEWSFLASH: You will never see the terms "custom LS1" and "cheap" in the same sentence together.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black X
Here is the info i got from S&P i just ordered there whole setup

Hello James,

Pricing and information are as follows:

LS1 A/C Relocator Bracket Kit = $145.00
Dual Idler Kit = $175.00
A/C Compressor = $209.95
Serpentine Belt = $44.00

***Customer is responsible for shipping/handling of product; we provide (3) copies of invoice for customs.

Thank you,

Larry "Bear" Barton
Street & Performance, Inc.
(479) 394-5711 Office
You talking about this set up?
Attached Thumbnails A/C Bracket alterantives-sandpac.jpg  
Old 12-05-2005, 08:36 AM
TECH Regular

NEWSFLASH: You will never see the terms "custom LS1" and "cheap" in the same sentence together.
NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!

YOU SHOULD READ THE 1ST POST BEFORE YOU START TYPING.

the poster was looking for less expensive alternatives. what you posted is nice but not the subject of this thread.

Last edited by SatisTraction; 12-05-2005 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
You talking about this set up?
Yes, That's the one I was referring to. Though it is not cheap, most of the alternatives are in the same price range and this one seems to be the cleanest looking.

Pat
Old 12-05-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SatisTraction
NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!

YOU SHOULD READ THE 1ST POST BEFORE YOU START TYPING.

the poster was looking for less expensive alternatives. what you posted is nice but not the subject of this thread.
And since you yourself have been SOOO helpful in this thread up until this point, I'm gonna be nice and direct you to March's individual components price breakdown section:

http://www.marchperf.com/pg8.html#omacbrac

The bracket can be purchased individually and has two different bolt spacing options. Price ranges from $178.66 to $204.97. I wouldn't want any people who have short attention spans or reading comprehension issues to get confused and think they needed to buy the whole kit just to get the A/C bracket...
Old 12-05-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

I wouldn't want any people who have short attention spans or reading comprehension issues to get confused and think they needed to buy the whole kit just to get the A/C bracket...
Awe **** that's me... j/k Thanks for posting that up there though... I breezed through it and thought you had to buy the whole kit. Looks pretty affordable for just the A/C arm though!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

direct you to March's individual components price breakdown section:

http://www.marchperf.com/pg8.html#omacbrac

The bracket can be purchased individually and has two different bolt spacing options. Price ranges from $178.66 to $204.97. I wouldn't want any people who have short attention spans or reading comprehension issues to get confused and think they needed to buy the whole kit just to get the A/C bracket...
I may be missing something here, but the link you posted is for a small block Chevy, not an LS1. I searched the March site and they do not list an LS1 A/C only bracket. They do seem to have an Alternator only, and an alternator & P/S, but no A/C Only. I will contact them to see if they have an A/C only that works with stock F-Body or Corvette systems

Pat
Old 12-05-2005, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stu Cool
I may be missing something here, but the link you posted is for a small block Chevy, not an LS1. I searched the March site and they do not list an LS1 A/C only bracket. They do seem to have an Alternator only, and an alternator & P/S, but no A/C Only. I will contact them to see if they have an A/C only that works with stock F-Body or Corvette systems

Pat
I just called March myself to check this out. The bracket that's pictured in the link I provided looks the same as the one they sell in their LS1 kit, and the part number for the LS1 A/C bracket is #20194. Cost is $195.00.
Hope that helps.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks,

I called them also was told that the bracket would bolt on and line up with the balancer, but they have not actually tried it with the other F-body accessories. When I asked about needing idlers, he said yes they have idler pulleys for sale but I would have to experiment to figure where and if I needed them. So it seems to me that while this is an option it is not tested yet. It's nice to know there are options out there.

Pat
Old 12-05-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stu Cool
Thanks,

I called them also was told that the bracket would bolt on and line up with the balancer, but they have not actually tried it with the other F-body accessories. When I asked about needing idlers, he said yes they have idler pulleys for sale but I would have to experiment to figure where and if I needed them. So it seems to me that while this is an option it is not tested yet. It's nice to know there are options out there.

Pat
If it turns out that you actually end up needing the idlers for the March bracket to work, then it looks like you'd end up spending just about the same for either the March or S&P parts. I think if it were me, the deciding factor would be based on what finish the S&P parts that Black X quoted came in. If they are just a plain finish, that's where the March polished setup starts to look more attractive. Maybe Black X could chime in and tell us what finish the parts he was quoted are?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:09 AM
Teching In

Hot Rod A/C sells GM adapter plates for the OEM compressor. So unlike Vintage Air, their units must be compatible with the GM compressor, thus not having to change compressors (?). This will allow keeping the OEM compressor and bracket.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

You can use those adapters if you have clearence problem. But for us 1st gen Camaro guys with the S&P motor mount adapters, problem is hitting the frame and not having room to put those adapters due to motor mount in the way.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

Talking Steel brackets?

Would steel brackets work for you if you could find them.

Someone on here gave me a link to a vendor that sold some VERY inexpensive steel A/C and Alternator brackets for high mounts.

Darn if I can find them. My son deleted all of our favorites in I.E. on accident.

They were very inexpensive and I wish someone would let us know again where they were. It will be much appreciated.

Quick Reply: A/C Bracket alterantives