Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accelerator pedal? Hooker Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, 68red, and welcome.
I agree, tyler, they look the same. Someone just get these =)
olly
Old 01-17-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the looks of the headers,
Old 01-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now I'm thinking of upgrading to these, I just don't want to be the guenie pig (sp?) with the S&P motor plates.

So I'll second what olly said, someone get these please!
Old 01-20-2006, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

No fitment info yet on these headers? I dont want this thread died and burried we need info pls.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I spent half an hour measuring and scratching my head, so i drew up some diagrams on paper, and i realized that hooker motor mounts put the engine exactly 1 1/4 inches forward of the street and performance mounts. I measured the motor mount on my original small block, and the distance from rear of block to motor mount is 16 inches. With street and performance, the same measurement is 14 3/4 inches.

SO, what they're doing, is using the 4 mounting holes farther back on the LS1 (there are 6 threaded holes, 4 1/2" apart, S&P mounts use the front 2 and middle, These, if i'm not mistaken, use the rear 4.) I did some drawing, and if that's right, and i took a basic idea of the offset on the mounts, then it works out right. Using the back 4 holes, the motor mount would place it almost exactly 16 inches from the rear of the engine.

SO, i'm not worried about clearance height wise, because they appear to be exactly the same. Unfortunately, i think that if you were to move the engine back (using the s&p mounts,) the rearmost header tube would hit the firewall. We really need a pic of these on a car, with the engine sitting in it properly, with the fenders off, but we dont have that luxury.

From what i've seen, I wouldnt risk it.
If you want, i can draw what i'm talking about in photoshop, i'm a more visual learner, hopefully what i said makes sense.

olly
Old 01-21-2006, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

I tried ordering these from sumitt. They would not be shipped till Feb. So until then i don't think we will know anymore on them if you can't get them yet.

Quick Reply: Accelerator pedal? Hooker Headers?