Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with 1997 silverado 4.3 to 5.3 engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 03:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with 1997 silverado 4.3 to 5.3 engine swap

i can really use some help on a couple of things,i swapped my 4.3 with a 5.3 ,i have the pcm-wire harness-and the fuse box that goes under the hood.so i hooked up all the engine and trans connectors from the 5.3 harness but there is 1 square plug with 4 wires on it{2-red, 1-pink, 1-blk/wht} where does this plug go or do i even have to worry about this one
next i connected the what i think is the junction box that goes to the fuse box in the engine but where do the 3 plugs that are that are next to the junction box go,i think one is lt blue,1blk-3wires in it ,and the other is ylw.
the last thing is how do i hook up my 12v and ign.wires to the new fuse box so that my fuel,coil packs,ect.get power to them. can someone please help
thank you
liljojoe13
Old 01-28-2006, 11:47 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What year is the 5.3L? i hooked up all the engine and trans connectors from the 5.3 harness but there is 1 square plug with 4 wires on it{2-red, 1-pink, 1-blk/wht} where does this plug go or do i even have to worry about this one
Where in the engine compartment did this wire end up? in what area of the harness, what do the plugs that come of the harness near it go to?

next i connected the what i think is the junction box that goes to the fuse box in the engine but where do the 3 plugs that are that are next to the junction box go,i think one is lt blue,1blk-3wires in it ,and the other is ylw.
On my harness there were only two plugs, could you possibly post a pic?

the last thing is how do i hook up my 12v and ign.wires to the new fuse box so that my fuel,coil packs,ect.get power to them. can someone please help
While I didn`t get the fuse box with my harness so I didn`t use it, but there is probably a main bus bar on the fuse box that gets connected to the battery. I am not sure how to hook up the IGN wires though.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 5.3 is out of a 2002 silverado.
i"ll try to get some picks asap
would it be better to splice into my old fuse box and if do you have a diagram i can use
the plug with the 4 wires in it is square and is about 2 inch x 2 inch the 2 red wires are thick wires id say at least a ten guage and its at the end of one section of the loom
about the 3 connectors by the junction box ,2 of them are {2 in.wide
1 of them is LT.BLUE,and the other is BLACK
THE 3RD CONNECTOR IS SKINNIER AND HAS 3 WIRES IIN IT I BELIEVE THE WIRES ARE 2-BLACK AND 1-GRAY
THANK YOU

Quick Reply: need help with 1997 silverado 4.3 to 5.3 engine swap