Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tremec TKO 500/600 swap for Fox LS1 swap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 01:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tremec TKO 500/600 swap for Fox LS1 swap?

Does anybody know if the Ford & GM versions of the TKO are the same dimensions on the outside? Granted, the transmission is only a 5-speed, but if it fits a fox stang without as much problems as a T-56 would (I know Mystic had said he couldn't figure out a way to make the GM hydraulics work). I know there is a McLeod bellhousing for the TKO transmissions, but would it "line-up" correctly in the stock mounting location/console opening? This was just an idea , but I'm sure some of you guys already thought of this. Any info in regards to this would be appreciated!
Old 04-09-2006, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

yes, it can be adapted to work. just have to get the right bellhousing. if you can actually get a hold of mcleod their tech service there is great.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Teching In

McLeod's Tech service is impossible to get a hold of, but I appreciate your response anyhow! Thank you.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

Lightbulb Idea...........

One possible solution is to use the clutch master cylinder and pedal assembly from the mid to late 80's Ford tbird turbo coupe. This may require the use of the steering column mount plate as well. Then just adapt the hydraulic line to the T56. I hope this helps. I have researched this exstensively, there is no simple bolt in solution. Good Luck!!
Old 04-13-2006, 09:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 71c10AZ
McLeod's Tech service is impossible to get a hold of, but I appreciate your response anyhow! Thank you.
yes, I know they are near impossible to get a hold of, but if you can, they are great

Originally Posted by jbk240z
One possible solution is to use the clutch master cylinder and pedal assembly from the mid to late 80's Ford tbird turbo coupe. This may require the use of the steering column mount plate as well. Then just adapt the hydraulic line to the T56. I hope this helps. I have researched this exstensively, there is no simple bolt in solution. Good Luck!!
I have also researched it and had all the parts that I thought I needed written down. too bad I lost that, but it was pretty straightforward. new bellhousing, new throwout bearing and then adapt that line to the stock hydraulics. not too much to it.

EDIT: sorry, I was speaking of adapting one to an F-body

Quick Reply: Tremec TKO 500/600 swap for Fox LS1 swap?