Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 into a Vauxhall Astra Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I musta just spent 2-3 hours reading this thread...nicely done ! Is the dashboard the original Astra unit ? Except for being reversed it's the same as GTO
Old 07-09-2014, 11:38 PM
Staging Lane

Something reminded me of this project.

Nice to see he finally passed the road inspection.

I wonder became of it. He hasn't been back here in 5 years.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for bumping this thread, it was a pretty cool read!

Maybe if we're lucky he'll stop back by and post more about the car.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:26 AM

Default LS1 into a Vauxhall Astra Coupe

Hello Gents.

Here's a story.

My sister lives about an hour away from me. Last week i drove down and payed her a visit. On the way i passed a sign saying fleamarked, so i stopped outside at an abandoned farm where the flea market was held. Nobody was there and the owner of the farm was a very talkative guy, so we did alot of small talk and he told me that his great interest was old and new race cars.

I am also very interested, in race cars, so we got us a long talk. He told that he had arthritis in the body and the doctors was telling him that they couldnīt do anymore. And thatīs why he was selling out of his things.

There was nothing at the flea market that I was interested in so i asked if he had some race cars, he would sell.

The guy answered what kind of race cars I was interested in, and I replied that I was interested in all sorts of racing cars.

He showed me into a barn next to his house, which was completely full of new and old race cars, many of them look like they just left the track and many were not made finished. Just an incredibly sight..

In the long rows of racing cars, here was standing this Vauxhall Astra Coupe in Blue. I stopped at this car to take a closer look. What is this.? i asked the guy. Itīs Vauxhall Astra he replied and took of the hood of so i could see the LS1 - Somebody put alot of time and effort to make this car he said.

Does it run.? i asked. Sure thing He went at the back and opened the boot. Put the terminals on the battery, went inside and turned the key and this thing went to live. I was blown away about the sound.

More to come......

Sorry about any mispelling etc.

Thanks - Cheers - Olsen911

Quick Reply: LS1 into a Vauxhall Astra Coupe