Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 pcv connections

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006 | 09:38 PM
Teching In

Default LS6 pcv connections

Hi guys,
I bought an LS6 long block from Chevy for a street rod. I obtined an intake and everything from Extreme Perf. My question is: Extreme sent me the PCV hook up, it is sort of a Y shaped affair. On one end is the PCV and what looks like a ground cable. Where do I hook up the three hose ends? Where does the ground bolt to? Can I trash the purge cannister solenoid and plug the fitting going to the TB? Howell supposedly got rid of the purge signals from the computer. Any one have pics for me? Thanks a lot guys I'm stumped on this one Frank
Old 03-23-2006 | 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lets see if our Conversions & Hybrids guys are familar with that harness.
Old 03-23-2006 | 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

ground goes to on top of the fluid crossover line, one goes into the TB, one into the intake on the side, the other to the pass. valve cover. If you want a pic, i'd be more than happy to take one..
olly
Old 03-23-2006 | 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just finished hooking mine up, it goes just as Olly described. Here is a picture. I also plugged the fitting on the driver side of the intake manifold, since I am not useing a purge canister either.

Pat
Attached Thumbnails LS6 pcv connections-ls6-pcv.jpg  
Old 03-23-2006 | 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

what is the reason for the ground strap on here
Old 03-23-2006 | 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

me too, I had it painted already, so I slipped a rubber fitting over the nipple, had I done it again, I'd epoxy it shut after I cut it off with my dremel, and paint over...

as for the ground strap and everything else to do with the EGR, I carefully removed the clip with some channel locks, patiently removed the rest with a quick jerking motion, followed by a beautiful fadeaway jumpshot to the trash can. I've just got the tube running from the TB to valve cover, now..
olly
Old 03-24-2006 | 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Darren P
what is the reason for the ground strap on here
Not sure in this case, but most of the time when there is a ground strap like that is because the flow of air or liquid creates static electricity going through a metal piece that is isolated in rubber or some other non conductive piece. The ground strap lets it discharge harmlessly to the block.

Pat
Old 03-28-2006 | 03:15 PM
rao
TECH Resident

Tha LS6 PCV system is simplicity itself and makes for a much cleaner install and lots less clutter against the firewall if you are limited on space between the motor and he firewall. I am glad I made the switch.

Quick Reply: LS6 pcv connections