Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 in a Jeep CJ5-Vacuum ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 in a Jeep CJ5-Vacuum ?

I'm putting a 2003 6.0L in my Jeep CJ5. Can anyone tell me the best way to supply vacuum to my brake booster? John Speartech said I can remove the plug on the back of the intake and purchase a port from the dealer to replace the plug. Well to put this nicely, the dealership was no help. Does anyone know how to get the plug out? It kind of slides in and out slightly on a red sleeve. Also where can I purchase a port or does anyone know a part number?

Thanks
Old 04-03-2006, 06:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

the red plug has a couple of barbs on it, just pull it out. when it comes to dealers the best thing to do is to have a vin number. go on ebay and find a truck with a 6.0 and write down the vin number and use that. most parts guys can't function without them. anytime i need parts i'll find a vehicle equipped the way i want it on ebay and use it's vin numbers. works for me.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Launching!

yeah I also found out with a 6.0 swap about 2 years ago that dealerships are a PITA when it comes to all the detail parts like little plugs and nuts and bolts and small stuff. Or atleast the dealership near me was. Just find a truck salvage yard and check out their scrap pile for a 6.0/5.3 intake and pull the plug out of that and use it. Thats what I did and it worked great.

Remington
Old 04-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys for the help!!

Quick Reply: 6.0 in a Jeep CJ5-Vacuum ?