Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Wiring Question

Does anyone know what this connector (and wires) are for? it is located on the passenger side near the EGR connector.. I don't have a manual or the car, just got the engine with the harness alwayed pulled. Geeting closer to starting up !!

Also. Is ok to just cut the un-used wires as close to the PCM as possbile?.

Not using the A/C, A/C Prssure sensor, EGR, 2nd O2 and a few other Sensor and connectors. (I know I will have to have them deleted out of the PCM later). Want to do away and clean up the harness.

thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Wiring Question-dcp_3574-s.jpg   Wiring Question-dcp_3570-s.jpg  
Old 04-02-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That is actually just the 3 wires going to the Cam Position sensor. On some of the earlier LS1's, they had that connector in the middle of the wiring, almost like the CMP was originally supposed to be on the fron of the engine, and they ended up with it on the back under the intake, so instead of changing the wiring, they just added a jumper harness.
You can leave it in and plugged together, or what I usually do for cleanliness is cut it off and splice the wires together.

You can cut the unussed stuff out, or remove the pins and all from the ECM. If you aren't using it, it doesn't need the wires.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, I will cut and spice it as needed. I am cleaning up my harness of un-needed junk.