Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTO windage tray w/F-Body oil pan?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006 | 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Default GTO windage tray w/F-Body oil pan?

Will the GTO ('05) windage tray fit under the f-body oil pan? All this is going on an LQ9!
Old 04-02-2006 | 08:13 PM
TECH Regular

It will not fit like it is, but it can be made to fit. The stud where the F-body pickup has to be mounted must be reworked for clearance. I used my original O5 GTO tray on an F-body pan and heated the hole location in the tray with a torch and widened out the "notch" with a hammer and a large socket. I just heated it cherry red, and smacked the socket down on it with a hammer. Worked like a champ.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 04-02-2006 | 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by John McGraw
It will not fit like it is, but it can be made to fit. The stud where the F-body pickup has to be mounted must be reworked for clearance. I used my original O5 GTO tray on an F-body pan and heated the hole location in the tray with a torch and widened out the "notch" with a hammer and a large socket. I just heated it cherry red, and smacked the socket down on it with a hammer. Worked like a champ.

Regards, John McGraw
Thanx John, so it's basically just hole to modify!? That ain't bad at all!
Old 04-02-2006 | 10:46 PM
TECH Regular

Itis not actually the hole you need to modify, but the recess around the hole. You will need to just form the recess larger to clear the pickup mount. It is not that difficult, and if you already have a GTO tray, it beats buying a new tray.

Regards, John McGraw

Quick Reply: GTO windage tray w/F-Body oil pan?