Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hyd clutch problems, v. strange. please help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Hyd clutch problems, v. strange. please help.

double post but I need help.. (its in man trans too.. )
I'm in the process of installing and bleeding my clutch hydraulic system. I've got an 01 transmission, McLeoud master.. I bench bled it, it got rock hard, no air.. I plugged it into the transmission, pumped the pedal, cracked the bleeder, got a good spurt, closed it up, continued until it came out clear. I pushed the clutch pedal, the clutch engaged and disengaged fine for about 5 pumps. I was stoked. Then I let it up, let it sit a minute, and it wont go down again. If the bleeder is cracked, it will go down fine, but if its closed, it wont budge. I dunno if maybe the quick disconnect wont stay all the way in or something. it pops in, then backs out about 1/16" and is locked there. It feels like it does when the quick disconnect isnt even attached. After bleeding it, it works fine until you let it sit for about 20 secs.
anyone have any idea what's wrong?
olly
Old 04-21-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the fingers in the quick disconnect are bent. Its preventing the QD fitting from staying all the way in, hence, not letting the valve open up. What probably happened is when you hit the pedal it worked great, but after the last time you hit it it bent the fingers back from being weak and now it won't hold it in all the way. Get someone to push it all the way in and try to hold it as you push the pedal. That should help you figure out if thats it. If he can't hold it in, ask him to see if the fitting is moving out at all when you dpress the pedal.
-Alex
Old 04-21-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

originally i thought that, but it still bled easily with it out, so I figured that wasnt' it.

I fixed it by taking apart the m/c and re-assembling it. What happened was i put too much pressure on it with the mityvac, that it turned the seal sideways, and when I released it, it did not open up the passage to the resevoir, so it was acting like a hydraulic jack. I took apart the m/c, greased the ball and socket, cleaned the o-ring, put the seal straight, and it works like a charm. thx for reply
olly

Quick Reply: Hyd clutch problems, v. strange. please help.