Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 Silverado swap. Need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Silverado swap. Need help

Im wanting to swap a ls1 in place of a warn-out L31 350. I know im gonna need some custom motor mounts. WIll my 4l60e bolt up to an LS1 or will I have to get another tranny? What will be involved with the actuall swap as far as fitting it in?
Old 05-07-2006, 07:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The motor will bolt to the 60E. Check out this for swap info http://forum.ls1truck.com/ Was going to do mine but it's alot of work
I think you have to keep the old PCM to run some things like the ABS brakes.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't want to rain on your engine swap parade, but you really ought to think long and hard about whether swapping to the LS1 is worthwhile.

The L31 Vortec v8 has pretty darn good heads, and there are ALOT of performance parts out there for a SBC that will fit up. For the money you'd spend to swap in a fairly stock LS1, you could have a really hot L31 (or just spend less money). 400 hp shouldn't be that hard to get out of the L31, now that guys have figured out the EFI manifold swap problem (factory EFI manifold runs out of fuel and you can't change injectors, solution is to change to the Mercruiser EFI manifold, which uses individual injectors).

'JustDreamin'

Quick Reply: 98 Silverado swap. Need help