Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My LS1 wiring harness.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry guys "SD" tune? I tried checking the accronym page and didn't find it. what are the advantages of no MAF and only IAT? Someone said it's more streetable?
Old 05-15-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I didn't realize that price included a program as well. It's not a bad deal if you are on a tight budget, but I would still be a little weary about having all the electronics on my engine with no fuses. Not real safe if ya ask me.
"SD" is Speed Density. It is deleting the MAF sensor and falling back on the MAP sensor among others.
It is not usually the best thing for a daily driver with streetability and Fuel mileage in mind, but it works great for all out racing apps. Not saying it won't work for both, but my experience is that if you have the room to have the MAF in the intake, keep it in.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
. Does anyone know how to rig up the relays for the fans? If the signal from the PCM is a ground, do I just switch the power and ground wires on the relay?
You are right...the PCM provides the ground for the relay....that goes to terminal 85. don't switch the wires. For terminal 86 (switched) you can tap into the pink wire that is ignition switched under the hood....this would be the wire that went to your coil.....

Next provide constant 12v to terminal 30. This can be from the batt +ve, terminal block....ensure to use a fuse or fusible link for this. finally run a wire from terminal 86 to the fans +ve.....and you are one step closer to firing the mather..

just remember to use a fuse or fusible link for any circuits that are ignition switched or constant 12v
Old 05-15-2006, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stealth71
I can handle wiring up the relays/fuses myself.
I agree fuses and relays are needed.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

How would you wire in the 3.8 fuse box? I think I understand but not sure. Jesse does do great work.

Bill
Old 05-16-2006, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

The 3.8 has a underhood fues/relay block. You would use this instead of buying a painless fuse/relay block. Just use the fuse spaces and relay spaces for your hookups. Once again I have not done this yet, but will be looking in the salvage yard this weekend.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I will be using the MAF in line on my car, I don't need all out race car manors
Old 05-17-2006, 07:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Scooter70
Guys,
....we have at least two sponsors who do the same work. I'm sure that Jess does good work but the fact of the matter is that we have a duty to our sponsors. They pay a monthly fee for the right to advertise on the site. These fees pay the bills and allow LS1Tech to exist at no charge for all users. We ask that you respect this policy.

Thank you,
The Conversions & Hybrids Moderation Staff
which sponser, other than speartech, does wiring?
Old 05-17-2006, 07:35 AM
TECH Resident

I think Speed Scene is one of the sponsors. It gets annoying to figure out who does what when the sponsor list is 50 miles long.
That and I had a friend that though about sponsoring, but didn't see the point when he would be a competitor for like 2 other sponsors on the board already. Just didn't make sense. This place is like having a NASCAR with Budweiser and Miller Lite on the same car.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, Speed Scene Wiring is another sponsor that does harnesses. I beg to differ that LS1Tech "is like having a NASCAR with Budweiser and Miller Lite on the same car." Having more than one sponsor providing the same service or the same parts is called competition, which is good for everyone involved.

You make a good point though. Maybe a listing of sponsors organized by products or services would be beneficial to users looking for a part, whether it be rotors, headers or a complete longblock, or a service like wiring harness conversion. I'll pose the idea to the admins.

-Matt
Old 05-17-2006, 09:55 AM
TECH Resident

Good idea, a listing by product or categories would actually be real helpful with all the sponsors.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

speed scene isn't listed as a sponsor https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsors.php?pp=25&page=5

scooter70, was there someone else you were referring to when saying there were 2 wiring sponsors on the forum

Quick Reply: My LS1 wiring harness.