Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

81 camaro ls1????

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 76LQ9TA
What lower radiator hose did you use? Do you have a part number or vehicle application?
Believe it or not, the factory '98-02 LS1 F-Body lower radiator hose fit perfectly. For the upper, I just bought radiator hose elbows and used a piece of chrome tubing to extend to the correct length.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rob_Raymer
Thanks Wayne! Wondered if you were still alive or not??
Are u driving that T/A yet! Still hanging in there.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

I'm doing an LS1/M6 swap on a '73 Camaro. I plan on using Edelbrock adapter plates with their A-body headers and reworking the stock crossmember a little. Your probably better off using Trans Dapt plates though if you have the stock clam shell frame mounts. I've heard from a few people with second gens that the Trans Dapt plates work great. You will have to notch the frame rail though if you want to use A/C in the stock location or just mount it up high like suggested earlier. +2 on not using the BRP kit. It takes just as much work for a hell of alot more money than other alternatives and you end up with an oil pan that hangs too low.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brownz
I have the brp mount kit and love it i used the stock f-pan and placed the engine as far back as i could until the alt hit the frame. as for thet tran x-member was not a big deal i think that its a very nice fit. they only thing that i had to do was cut the hole for the t56 shifter and that was it, besides the holes being drilled for the kit. the only probelm that iam having is headers but the pacesetter 4th gen headers are close they just need some work this is the onlt pic that i have of were it sits. but note that i will not be using the stock a/c compressor i will get the vintage setup
ok, it's been a few years and I noticed your using the alternator in the lower f-body location in this pic....did you have any clearance issues between the pitman arm and alternator? I have mine mocked up and it's going to hit and was looking for a solution to fix this and still keep the stock stuff.

Quick Reply: 81 camaro ls1????