Sponsored by:

A few in depth questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few in depth questions

Hi,

Man am i glad i found this site!! I am currently in the process of building a 95 Chevy truck for show. (and to eat little green hot wheels with picnic tables on there trunks!) The truck is fitted with a cadillac front end and 98 bed sides, The catch is the Engine is going behind the drivers seat. The ultimate mid engine monster. The engine is a 2005 4.6L north star v-8. (will be built to hold plenty of power, How big can i go with this engine) The engine will be turbo charged. My list of Questions.....

1 how much power will the VVT hold? will be used for emmisions and race tuning...see below
2 we are trying to make the engine bi fuel-street: premium fuel/race: methanol. Who can i get computer from to control the 4 extra injectors needed and allow the truck to be tuned on the fly via laptop.
3 Does anyone know if i can mate a 2004 Corvette transaxle to the 2005 northstar.

AND FINALLY

4 does anyone wanna sponsor me?.....sorry had to ask lol.

the motors already in place and the frame is built now i gotta work out the tweaks so youll be hearing alot more from me thanks everyone.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

What is a VVT? you can mate pretty much anything up to anything, Just use an adapter plate. Either have one custom machined or there are places that specialize in this stuff.

Wouldnt a trasnaxle put the engine way far back? just use a reg tranny and a short driveshaft to your IRS or whatever.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You won't get much help from this site...

The Northstar is a very different beast compared to the LS1. There is little in aftermarket support. But check out this site. It is the only vendor that I know of that specializes in the the Northstar...
Old 06-16-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JC, There are a lot of Northstars in Sand Rails. Those guys have been building them for years. I suggest you do a Google search on Northstar performance and Northstar, Sand Rail. I bet you will find a ton of info.

Pat

Quick Reply: A few in depth questions