Sponsored by:

Harness connectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 04:59 PM
JBT
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness connectors

I'm preparing to swap in a 05 6.0l in my landcruiser and need some answers about a few connectors on the harness.

Where does this connector go?

What is this tubing used for? It is connected to the the intake in the other end.

How do one remove the grey plastic cover on the back of the blue and green pcm connectors?
Is it difficult to add pins to the pcm connectors, do you need any special tools?
Old 06-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

Default Plug

If it's the same as my 02 Z71 5.3 harness and it looks like it is. It goes to the rear of the truck. The only wires that I am going to try and use is a ppl and org/blk which is the fuel level. This connector is on the side of the underhood bussed electrical center. Try and see if the wire colors are the same from my pic.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Harness connectors-dsc02958.jpg  
Old 06-14-2006, 10:49 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That tubing goes to the solenoid on the top of the intake manifold right? That is the EVAP solenoid, it is to burn off the gas fumes from your charcoal canister. You can just hook that tube up to the engine side of your charcoal canister if you are doing an emissions legal swap. If you are not using a charcoal canister just remove the EVAP solenoid plug the hole in the intake and delete the codes in the computer.

The grey PCM connector covers are held on by 6 snap in tabs on each one. You have to be patient with a screwdriver and push in at the side of the cover above each tab as you pull the cover away.

Adding/removing pins is easy and does not require any special tools. Remove the grey covers, and then the plastic colored cover on the PCM side. (you have to push in the retaining tabs on the ends of the colored covers).

To put a pin in just push it through the connector fron the grey cover side, the pin will push through the foam seal in the connector. Just push the pin until it snaps in and is even with the rest.

To remove a pin lift the white plastic retainer on the PCM side of the connector (looks kinda like a minature piano key) and pull the pin out of the connector by gently pulling on the wire. It should require very little pull if done correctly.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:32 AM
JBT
Staging Lane

I got a better pic of the first connector.

I also have a black three wire connector (seen on the pic below that I don't know where it goes. The wires are brown, grey with black, and one white with black. I know that the brown wire goes to the black connector on the last pic.

Last edited by JBT; 06-15-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

i am in the process of installing a 5.3 in an 87 chevy k10 and attempting the same wiring that you are running in to. i plugged all the connectors to the engine then sepperated all the loom and one at a time i traced the wires keeping only the basics to run. no emissions, egr or any other stuff not needed. once i was done weeding out the wires none of those connectors on mine were used. i am trying to keep a diagram of exactly what wires i removed in my install if i can help give me a yell. thanks
Old 06-16-2006, 01:58 AM
JBT
Staging Lane

Did you find out what the connections were used for, other than that they were not needed?
I know that some of the wires in the black connector (last pic) is needed as it's got the data wire and tacho wire.

what sort of fuse block are you going to use?
Old 06-16-2006, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

the main connector for my harness where it went to the fuse block was cut when i got mine. i bought an newer fuse block for a 99 & up silverado on ebay for 24 bucks, i also have a fuse center for a 94 and up camaro that looks to me like it would be much cleaner.

Quick Reply: Harness connectors