Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alt. wiring problem,,

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alt. wiring problem,,

I am putting a 01 LS1 into a 36 chev, using a S$P harness and comp.. the rest of the car is wired with a ez wireing harness, my guestion is ,,,,, how do I wire up the stock LS1 alt to the ez wire harness? I removed the origional 4 prong alt connecter from the origional loom,, it had only 1 wire in the 4 prong connector, a small maybe 20 ga, wire going to the L pole on the alt, how can I wire this alt, to work with this conversion, [ I posted this same question in the electronocs link, probably the wrong place] thanks guys,,, bill
Old 06-18-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i believe that wire goes into the pcm for 99+ applicatins. Do a search in this forum for alternator wiring for more info.

BTW how do you like the EZ wiring harness? Ill be ordering one here soon
Old 06-18-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jimmyP is right. The single red wire runs from the alt to the pcm. The only other wire you need to hook is the heavy gauge wire that runs from the alt to the battery.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Junkie

sounds right to me
Old 06-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jimmyp
i believe that wire goes into the pcm for 99+ applicatins. Do a search in this forum for alternator wiring for more info.

BTW how do you like the EZ wiring harness? Ill be ordering one here soon
Thanks guys,, that is pretty much what I thought,, but its better to be sure, but one other question,,,,,,does the exciter wire have to be wired through a light or resistor? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Jimmyp,,,,, I like the EZ wire harness, we have used 4 so far, and for the price you can't go wrong,, the only thing different from painless and R/ Francis is it doesn't include the switches ,but all the needed connectors and column plug is included,, you can buy a dozen switches for the 2 to 3 hundred $ difference,, the only thing I did notice is some of the marking on the wires is a little hard to read, a little small, Thanks again for the infro,,, Bill
Old 06-18-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BADRAT
Thanks guys,, that is pretty much what I thought,, but its better to be sure, but one other question,,,,,,does the exciter wire have to be wired through a light or resistor? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
nope.......

Quick Reply: Alt. wiring problem,,