Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot August Nights in Reno

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006 | 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm packed and ready, the car is all shined up and running sweet, heading up the hill in the morning. Looking forward to meeting LS1Tech folks on Friday at A&W. If I miss you there, I hope you will say hi if you see me.

Pat
Old 08-02-2006 | 09:08 PM
Launching!

ok you can count me out of it ...im having transmission problems =I
Old 08-04-2006 | 09:58 AM
On The Tree

I'll see you all there....sorry to hear bro that you are having trans problems
Old 08-07-2006 | 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Was great to meet you!

Hey it was great to meet up with you folks at HAN. Thanks for all getting together. I had an absolute blast as always, and my head is totally swelled up from all the great compliments we received during the cruises and show & shines. I was very surprised to see so few LSx motors in cars, could count them on one hand, and two of those were from our group at A&W! That '54 Vette is soo sweet! Hopefully next year bczee, Wardrum, Chris442, gEtyOPaPiOn, olly and others will add to the numbers. Olly sorry we did not find each other, I would like to meet you someday.

One thing I discovered is my car is too damn quiet! As we were going through crowded lots with people walking around I could get up within about 2 feet of them from behind and they did not even know I was there unless my fan came on. I might have to figure out something to make it rumble at idle. Either that or an air horn!

I plan on posting pictures I took and will post a link once I get it done.

Pat
Old 08-07-2006 | 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Pat !

I agree, next year we LS1's will have to come out in force.. I was great meeting you guys.. looking forward to next year already!

Pat, I guess we will have to take a can opener to your muffler ! LOL
Old 08-11-2006 | 12:11 AM
On The Tree

Hey guys -

Finally made it back to Wisconsin after a quick detour to Sturgis, SD for bike week. What a zoo!!

Glad to meet all of you in Reno. I was also kind of disappointed that there were so few LSx engines there. I saw a total of 7. They sure look awesome tucked between the fenders of the older cars.

Pat, I think you need to install a set of electric cutouts in your exhaust system. That should make enough noise for you.

See you all again next year.

Frank

Quick Reply: Hot August Nights in Reno