Sponsored by:

Hooker or ATS/Stainless Works LS2/T56 in 69 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ErikLS2
I'm still researching this but according to B&M, the F-body shifter mouting holes are a different pattern than the GTO. I was just going to get a B&M shifter for a Camaro but according to them it isn't that easy. Waiting for a call back from a company called D&D.
The B&M GTO shifter is junk. It bolts to the adapter the factory puts on. Also, any F-Body shifter will bolt to the GTO trans. Before the Ripshift, I used an SLP that I modified and it bolted right up without any problems.

I have a GMM Ripshift, made in Australia, that bolts right to the trans. The original shifter location on the trans puts the mount under the radio. That is why the adapter is made. The Ripshift(which is like a Pro5.0) fits under the radio and then the stick has a couple of 90 degree bends to fit the console.

Once you take off the GTO shifter, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I'll see if I can find some pics of it.

Edit: Here's a good thread with pictures. There are more of them on LS1GTO.com but this was the first one I found.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...hifter+install

Last edited by Rob; 07-22-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump...

The Stainless Works headers fit with S&P mounts and stock steering, don't they?
Old 07-30-2006, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to tech at McLeod about their shifter for the T56. They have many options, in the stock location they can move the shifter something like 4" forward or backward and either left or right about 2". You get your trans mounted in your car determine where you want your shifter, call them, they give you the part number and you can order it from Summit. They also said they can accomodate a shifter mounted in the forward location where that plate is.

Quick Reply: Hooker or ATS/Stainless Works LS2/T56 in 69 Camaro