Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust question on 62 vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust question on 62 vette

I was wondering if anyone had done the R and D work so I don't have to.
On My 62 vette conversion w/ LS1 and C4 corvette rear, getting the pipes out the back looks a little tight. I was thinking of oval tubing. I want to go over rear end. Any thoughts, ideas, pictures appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-11-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It might be a little eaiser with Newmans chassis, but I gave up on getting thr pipes over the top on mine, and ran them under the rear. Here is a link to the album of my chassis pics. If I had it to do over again, I would have completely removed the spare tire well, and brought the pipes back up close to the trunk floor and cut into the rear valance to make the pipes exit through a cutout in the valance rather than discharging under it. This would require cutting The rear crossmember and bumping up the center of it.The spare tire well is usless anyway once it is cut to clear the C4 rearend!

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=1629022

I milled all the hangers out of solid aluminum and just put some rubber grommets in the mounting holes to keep the rattles down. There is so little room, that you have to mount the exhaust pretty rigid.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 07-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks John gorgeous conversion! I was thinking maybe going through C4 crossmember
welding in circles for pipes to exit