Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST efi xfi engine management

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006 | 02:43 PM
Teching In

Default FAST efi xfi engine management

has anyone sucessfully used this system to run an Ls1?
does it require a different crank trigger or does the standard ls1 work?
does it utilise all the stock sensors?

i've tried a search but there never seems to be a answer at the end of the threads, lots of questions but no deffinate answers

Thanks
Chris
Old 07-06-2006 | 04:11 PM
On The Tree

I was wondering the same thing earlier. I saw it in my Jegs catalog with a Comp Cam and they claimed 35 more hp by using this setup than OEM. I wonder what happens if you ever need to re-program the computer??
Old 07-07-2006 | 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

The FAST system is laptop programmable just like the Accel DFI. I have the gen 7 DFI from my old 383 sbc. I called them about my LSx conversion and they had a special adapter box for the ignition system. FAST may also have one, if not you will need a crank trigger setup.
Old 07-07-2006 | 09:04 PM
FormerVendor

The FAST XFI uses the stock sensors all the way through, so no aftermarket crank trigger is needed. We have done a 98 Trans Am with the setup. There are several different harnesses available besides the normal main, coil and injector pieces for everything from axle and propshaft sensors as well as boost, EGT, etc. We can set you up with anything you need also and feel free to give us a call for any consulting or purchases. We can compete or beat Jegs prices as well as provide tuning services if you are local to us. Hope this helps.

Mike Norris
The following users liked this post:
Al Marino (04-28-2020)
Old 07-07-2006 | 10:03 PM
On The Tree

I can second Mike's recommendation. My 427 LSx in my 67 Chevy II is using a FAST XFI setup. I was at Mike's place 2 weeks ago getting dyno-tuned.

You'll need a FAST XFI ECU, eDIST with a Universal Crank Decoder, or use FAST's new eDIST2 which just came out. The eDIST2 combines the UCD and eDIST.

jp
Old 07-08-2006 | 06:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mike Norris
The FAST XFI uses the stock sensors all the way through, so no aftermarket crank trigger is needed. We have done a 98 Trans Am with the setup. There are several different harnesses available besides the normal main, coil and injector pieces for everything from axle and propshaft sensors as well as boost, EGT, etc. We can set you up with anything you need also and feel free to give us a call for any consulting or purchases. We can compete or beat Jegs prices as well as provide tuning services if you are local to us. Hope this helps.

Mike Norris
Don't mean to jack the thread but do you also deal w/ the gen 7? I had the SBC kit but bought an adapter harness to run LSx engines. Just wanted to know if any software upgrades are necc-figured i'd ask as the Accel tech line SUCKS!
Old 07-09-2006 | 06:09 PM
FormerVendor

Yes, we deal with the Accel Gen 7 products also Dave. For info on that line feel free to call the shop and ask for Geoff. Good luck to you.

Mike Norris
Old 07-09-2006 | 11:08 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

The FAST and FAST XFI both use a converter plug to convert the LS1 crank signal to a 4X per rev. signal. Also that signal will go to a standalone coil driver "eDist"
I've had mine a while so I still have a separate crank signal adapter.

It's an awesome setup for a conversion car, but I wouldn't recommend it for a 4th gen or a C5 because of the trouble it is to setup, and keep all of the car's original gauges and ABS functions.
Old 07-10-2006 | 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

Hey Chris,

Are you stayin' busy? Last time I tried to call your voice mail was full

The XFI is a great conversion or hybrid choice for sure, but the 4th gen f-bodies are not bad to do. The C5's can be a bear, but can be done. In either case of the 4th gen F or C5, it is not really needed unless you are going to a radical setup with high boost or a lot of nitrous. Otherwise the stock PCM works great into the 850HP area and is a lot less cash in the end in the late model applications.

Later All.

Mike Norris
Old 07-10-2006 | 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

Hi. I have an older Fast system in my Syclone now. Does anyone know if i could use the older system with the new edist2 on my lsx swap? That would be nice to be able to get a new injector and ignition harness and plug back into my box thats already there. Im sure the box would need an update since its an older unit and my truck currently is a v6.
Old 07-10-2006 | 06:21 PM
FormerVendor

Hey There Syclone354,

I know, as well as you probably do also, that there is a eDIST setup for the older FAST systems, but requires a crank trigger if I remember correctly. If I remember right, there was some kind of trade in offer for the old FAST system when buying the new XFI. I will be on vacation starting tomorrow morning, the 11th and be back late Saturday, so I will have to check on this when I get back. Otherwise, I hope this helps.

Mike Norris
Old 07-11-2006 | 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

Well thats good to know about he edist and crank sensor. wonder if my ecu would need to be sent back and updated or if i can just tell it v8 instead of v6,etc.

If there is a trade in on a new xfi system that would probably be the way i go if they give you any reasonable credit. if not i can sell my system with harness for a decent price on the sy/ty board.

Thanks for any info!
Tom

Quick Reply: FAST efi xfi engine management