Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motivation to finish my hybrid...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006 | 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default motivation to finish my hybrid...

at first i was all gung ho for this project...then my motivation to complete the damn slowly fade away...and running out of fund for it doesn't help either...how do u folks maintain ur motivations of finishing up a project???
Old 07-12-2006 | 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

For me its looking at other peoples progress and complete cars. It's hearing about how much they enjoy it and knowing how much you will enjoy it knowing the hard work you put into it!

Go find that motivation damnit!!!
Jason
Old 07-12-2006 | 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree, feed off the success of others. If you can find someone to go for a ride with all the better. I tell you I am so happy with the way mine has come out, well worth the time and effort!

Go for it man you can do it.

Pat
Old 07-12-2006 | 08:00 PM
Teching In

Unhappy Lose interet? Yep!

[IMG][/IMG] I know just what you mean. I never finished my last project, my stroker '55 wagon. Lost interest. Now my '39 is in the works and I'm still going great guns. Hope to continue!
Old 07-13-2006 | 12:31 AM
sawzall wielding director
20 Year Member

It was very easy for me to mantain my motivation. I didn`t really give myself a choice, my El Camino is my only car, and classes started a little over two weeks after I started my swap. No car to drive and no other way to get to school made it a lot easier to stay motivated.
Old 07-13-2006 | 09:25 AM
11 Second Club

My friend took me in a ride in his Z06 the other day and that sure kept up the motivation. I just can't wait to haul *** and smell the rubber burning off my 15x7's.

A quick ride to 120mph is key. Find someone to take you for a ride.
Old 07-13-2006 | 09:30 AM
On The Tree

What keeps me motivated is the naysayers, telling me that the car is too big a headache, won't be worth the effort, and especially the ones who tell me that it won't be fast

Heh, yeah so anyway, just keep after it. Money can get scarce, that's when you take a break
Old 07-13-2006 | 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just being around cool cars usually does it.Having friends/people I haven't seen for a while coming over drooling and asking questions about it.And the biggest one,going to the track.I had trouble sleeping after I spent about an hour at the strip (I was kind of depressed being the 1st time EVER there as a spectator.That really gets me going!
Old 07-13-2006 | 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Like most problems in life, many times a project looks a lot more difficult than it really is. I find that just doing something small on it when I don't feel like doing anything gets me started and gives me a boost to keep going.

It also helps to be well organized. Planning ahead and having the right parts and tools available when you need them is critical to making progress. And making even a little progress will spur you on like nothing else as you get closer to your goal.
Old 07-13-2006 | 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Mine has been money.. But, I did get back on the ball a bit last night, and started putting the interior into the car. I have carpet, back seats, back seat side panels, headliner, and the dash in so far...
Old 07-13-2006 | 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

Ive been working on my Charger for 6 years, the current build up has so far taken 4 years and with luck I might be done late this year.

What keeps me motivated? I look into other projects. Right now I want to finish the Charger and get a early 50s F-100 truck...

The Charger cant really be hot-rodded, I want to keep the thing pretty much stock but make it look great without having parts that dont go with it. Throughout this whole project Ive never spent money to get me farther, all the work is done by me and sometimes my dad helps.

I find it hard to get working on it again when taking a break, also two major moves (including one overseas) dont speed things up either.

Today was working on the interior metals somewhat, hopefully next week those will be fully done and Ill have the interior painted so I can move on and paint the engine bay and then put in the 440. But not even five minutes ago a roll cage crossed my mind, should I do it now or when the interior is back together? Dont really know.

Alot of us dont have money to pay someone else to do our projects, nor do some of us want to (hell I wouldnt). My boss has a 57 Chevy that he put a bunch of money into and had someone else build it for him, sure it looks pretty awesome but it motivates me when I know I can make my Charger even more awesome without "buying it" and Ill have the pride of having done it myself.
Old 07-13-2006 | 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I figured everyone was going to say get married.....
Old 07-13-2006 | 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

get married??? wat if i am already married??? well project has only been maybe 3-4 months long...i just find myself to lazy to get off my *** to work on the car...but when i do i get this joy of satisfaction while i am working on it...
Old 07-13-2006 | 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

if you are married, then have your wife get deployed!!!! i get so bored someitmes i even clean the house. one time i was sooooooooooo bored. that instead of buying new underwear and socks, i actually did laundry. that makes the second load in 4 months. when your that bored, being lazy wont be an issue........
Old 07-19-2006 | 02:24 PM
Launching!

don't know where you ar located but go to hot august nights in reno and you will get pretty pumped.
Old 07-19-2006 | 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

My motivation was trying to get my car running before Budman78's.

I succeeded.
Old 07-19-2006 | 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rocketrider93
don't know where you ar located but go to hot august nights in reno and you will get pretty pumped.
I'll be there! The LS1Tech crowd is gonna meet at the A&W on Plumb Ave at 1 on Friday. Ya'll come now, ya hear?

Pat
Old 07-19-2006 | 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BLWN1
I figured everyone was going to say get married.....
hey, my g/f loves cars and working on them with me, and is going to race whatever she gets as well... so i guess im stuck in the garage the rest of my life

btw, my motivation is to finally be able to go down the track the first time with a truck that has my heart and soul into it
Old 07-20-2006 | 01:27 PM
On The Tree

According to my wife, my g/f is my car.

No motivation there.

jp
Old 07-20-2006 | 05:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

well...the guy that is doing my fabrication for my firewall is having health issues...so whether i like it or not there's gonna be a delay...most important thing is that he feels better...so i guess it'll give me an excuse to save up money to continue this project...

Quick Reply: motivation to finish my hybrid...