Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody running an lsx/th2004r combo???

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 08:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default anybody running an lsx/th2004r combo???

hey all.......

just wondering if anyone is using this trans for their application? if you are, please feel free to share any helpful info on the subject you'd like. i've already been enlightened to a site called tvmadeez.com for the tv cable assy hookup and it looks pretty easy. only hard part i see is making absolutly sure the line pressure is correct so i don't burn up the clutches. i'm also talking to a guy who owns a 1 man outfit called speedo service (?) if i remember correctly. Autometer gave me his #. he said he can set me up with the correct speedo cable for my mechanical Autometer speedo and the correct gears for the tire circumferance and rear end gear ratio i'll be using to be completely accurate.

again, any info that you'd care to share would be very helpful and would also be greatly appreciated.

-Dave
Old 07-15-2006, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

I've got a 2004r in my Lemans, they are a good trans if you set them up nice. I used a pressure guage to dial it in. Make sure you get proper psi in each gear w/ tv connected and disconnected. You'll need to wire up something for the lockup converter too. I've helped some friends with this swap a few times but never in an f body.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 75tonyA
I've got a 2004r in my Lemans, they are a good trans if you set them up nice. I used a pressure guage to dial it in. Make sure you get proper psi in each gear w/ tv connected and disconnected. You'll need to wire up something for the lockup converter too. I've helped some friends with this swap a few times but never in an f body.
How did you hook up the TV cable?
Old 07-15-2006, 02:18 PM
9 Second Club

that's what the guys at tv made ez said, except for checking/setting the line psi with it disconnected. so ummm........are you in chicago? i wouldn't mind some experienced help with setting this up if i get this. we can talk about some sort of compensation too. pm me if interested please. thanks.