Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PINKS ls1 s13

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006 | 11:29 AM
Banned

We had very limited time to get it scaled properly. I droped it on the scales when it was almost done though. No fuel, no NOS bottle, and no driver. 2190#
Old 08-21-2006 | 11:51 AM
Banned

As for the other drama. Wow, this thread is just full of it.

Hinson was contacted by us while we where in the planing stages. Myself and the owner of another fab shop, Decided that since we are doing this for our own publicity then why not make our own. The Hinson kit was never sent, and we never delt with them.

He only says it could have been so much easier because they think my stuborness is what begat all of our woes threw the build.

I will never downplay how much effort and dedacation anyone had during the build. Quick was there with us threw the hardest of the hard long days. As much as I like let you hang out there in your own noose. I will however question your integrity. When Brian, anonamous, and I met to decide the driver, you said "If I'm not driving then I ain't helping you guys build." Three shops that took care of you greatly, and thats the selfishness you return? How bout a little appriciation for giving your dumbass the chance of a lifetime. Don't ever forget that when the three of us decided, it had to be unanamous. That means I gave you the nod, Brian gave you the nod, and so did anonamous.
Old 08-21-2006 | 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

man...thats sweet did the 6.0 drop in wells u got a first video start
Old 08-21-2006 | 01:48 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by domination
As for the other drama. Wow, this thread is just full of it.

Hinson was contacted by us while we where in the planing stages. Myself and the owner of another fab shop, Decided that since we are doing this for our own publicity then why not make our own. The Hinson kit was never sent, and we never delt with them.

He only says it could have been so much easier because they think my stuborness is what begat all of our woes threw the build.

I will never downplay how much effort and dedacation anyone had during the build. Quick was there with us threw the hardest of the hard long days. As much as I like let you hang out there in your own noose. I will however question your integrity. When Brian, anonamous, and I met to decide the driver, you said "If I'm not driving then I ain't helping you guys build." Three shops that took care of you greatly, and thats the selfishness you return? How bout a little appriciation for giving your dumbass the chance of a lifetime. Don't ever forget that when the three of us decided, it had to be unanamous. That means I gave you the nod, Brian gave you the nod, and so did anonamous.
shut up already just go back building ur cages. All the time u spent on here making post u could have put that time towards finding other places to put more X's in ur cages.
Old 08-21-2006 | 05:50 PM
Teching In

why couldnt you use the GTO oil pan? did you modify the tranny tunnel and sit the motor really far back? or are you guys sitting basicaly where everyone else does. im wondering because i want to try to use those headers on my LS13, but am concerned that they my not fit due to me mounting differantly. i see what mods you made to them on the driver side and they seem to fit nicely.
Old 08-21-2006 | 06:33 PM
Banned

we put motor as far back as possible. trans tunnel wasnt touched

he wanted to build the oil pan so he did
Old 08-22-2006 | 12:43 AM
Banned

The 6.0 bolted right in. Nothing was changed in regards to to setup. The trans tunnel need reworked pretty good to get the bell housing to clear. It shouldn't hurt anything if you wanted to still run an interior though. We just heated, and beated.

The GTO oil pan would have been really nice. Unfortunately we didn't have the funds. I happened to have some aluminum layin around, so I whipped up the pan.

The engine is as far back as possible with stock firewall. There is barely any room behind the heads. You'd be suprised just how close those headers came to fitting stock. If it wasn't for the steering shaft having to come threw them they would have.

Just don't turn you back on a monkey with a hammer when the passenger side frame rail needs clearenced about .5 inch. You may end up with a smashed up header instead of the frame getting touched.
Old 08-22-2006 | 03:12 AM
TECH Resident

cool beans
Old 08-22-2006 | 03:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jjkamikaze
LS13
haha, its funny to see other people using that term
Old 08-22-2006 | 07:16 AM
Teching In

ok thats good to know ill definatly be picking up a set of those headers and try to fit them up.
Old 08-22-2006 | 08:18 AM
'Bird Director
20 Year Member

From: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant

An ex-girlfriend of mine had a Nissan just like that...same original color and everything. Hopefully it was her car you cut up
Old 08-22-2006 | 09:53 AM
Banned

I wish we had some in progress pics of the drivers header. We basically cut 3 of the pipes almose clean off. The 4th cleared, and held the collector. We bolted it on with just the one pipe, and the collector. Then we scavenged the bends out of cut peices. Just built the piece by piece, from the top down. I took 2 searious fabricator about 6-8 hours to get ours done. There's alot of, in, out, in, out, put the steering shaft in, take steering shaft out......................

If your girlfriend abandoned her car on some PA highway, then it might be hers
Old 08-22-2006 | 10:21 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I wish we had some in progress pics of the drivers header. We basically cut 3 of the pipes almose clean off. The 4th cleared, and held the collector. We bolted it on with just the one pipe, and the collector. Then we scavenged the bends out of cut peices. Just built the piece by piece, from the top down. I took 2 searious fabricator about 6-8 hours to get ours done. There's alot of, in, out, in, out, put the steering shaft in, take steering shaft out......................

If your girlfriend abandoned her car on some PA highway, then it might be hers
and it took one serious fabricator to fix up all of ur screw ups.
Old 08-22-2006 | 05:14 PM
Banned

The 6.0 bolted right in. Nothing was changed in regards to to setup. The trans tunnel need reworked pretty good to get the bell housing to clear. It shouldn't hurt anything if you wanted to still run an interior though. We just heated, and beated.

The GTO oil pan would have been really nice. Unfortunately we didn't have the funds. I happened to have some aluminum layin around, so I whipped up the pan.

The engine is as far back as possible with stock firewall. There is barely any room behind the heads. You'd be suprised just how close those headers came to fitting stock. If it wasn't for the steering shaft having to come threw them they would have.

Just don't turn you back on a monkey with a hammer when the passenger side frame rail needs clearenced about .5 inch. You may end up with a smashed up header instead of the frame getting touched.
frame did get notched if you would of looked and massaged
Old 08-22-2006 | 05:16 PM
Banned

i think pewter might have the pics of the headers
Old 09-05-2006 | 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Awesome!
Old 09-05-2006 | 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.pittspeed.com/media/videos/pinks.wmv
Old 09-12-2006 | 12:11 PM
10 Second Club

Your vid is better than the show...., Pinks is cool idea but is done way wrong....

But what do I know....

Nice job BTW....
Old 09-23-2006 | 06:10 PM
Banned

AIR DATE HAS BEEN ANOUNCED!!!!!!!!

Oct 18, 9:30pm Eastern

Watch the drama!
Old 09-23-2006 | 09:02 PM
TECH Regular

Congrats!!!! The good guys win for once overcoming adversity. Love it.
The vid is much better than the actual show.

Quick Reply: PINKS ls1 s13