Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crate LS1 lifting plates...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Crate LS1 lifting plates...

I'm curious, when people order a LS1 crate engine do they have lifting plates that you can hook a chain to bolted to the back of the head? If so, does anybody got a set that I can have? I'll pay shipping on them! Please email pics to tjmcp@yahoo.com for I'd like to see if they will clear the firewall before I have you go through the hassel of shipping them. I can send paypal payment.

Thanks!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

No need really. Just tie in one or two bolts on either side up front (block/head) and a trans bolt in the rear. I moved mine in and out of the car several times with the trans attached.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redmist
No need really. Just tie in one or two bolts on either side up front (block/head) and a trans bolt in the rear. I moved mine in and out of the car several times with the trans attached.
Clearance is very tight for me when it comes to the firewall and the tunnel. I can barely get a hand behind the engine, got the engine as far back as I could.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

Well, on my 6.0L there are also 3 tapped holes on each head, above the exhaust manifold bolt pattern (which is 6 bolts). I think they're M10, which means they're pretty beefy. I've picked my iron block 6.0l up by those a number of times. Even did it with the intake and rocker covers in place (but no coils, didn't think they'd like that.).

I assume that those bolt holes are there on most heads (mine are 317 castings) but I cannot guarantee that.

'JustDreamin'
Old 08-21-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JustDreamin
Well, on my 6.0L there are also 3 tapped holes on each head, above the exhaust manifold bolt pattern (which is 6 bolts). I think they're M10, which means they're pretty beefy. I've picked my iron block 6.0l up by those a number of times. Even did it with the intake and rocker covers in place (but no coils, didn't think they'd like that.).

I assume that those bolt holes are there on most heads (mine are 317 castings) but I cannot guarantee that.

'JustDreamin'
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll have to look into that!

Quick Reply: Crate LS1 lifting plates...