Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TransDapt Biscuit Style Motor Mount????

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TransDapt Biscuit Style Motor Mount????

Hey guys I am looking for a motor mount to work with my project. I was looking at the TransDapt "Bicuit Style" [Item # 4506 or 4509] (as they call them) motor mounts but I'm not sure if it is worth getting those or not. I'm not sure if the "bushing style" mount is stronger or not. (or if it even matters for a 550hp motor) The biscuit style looks more like the Corvette style mount while the Bushing style looks more like the Camaro/Firebird mount.

Does anybody know if these biscuit style mounts are any good? Or does anyone have any recommendations on what a good motor mount to get would be?

Thanks,
Adam
Old 09-15-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the stock Corvette "biscuit" mounts in my conversion and I have nothing but good things to say about them. Since they are oil filled they really do a superb job of isolating any vibration that might get into the chassis. They are very stout, the engine barely moves in the chassis but makes it smooth. I have 10,000 miles on my conversion.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm using the bisquit style too, they make fabrication a snap and also alow you to shim up or down your motor height. You could also make them solid if you wanted to do a little fab work.

Quick Reply: TransDapt Biscuit Style Motor Mount????