Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 S10 Blazer, 6 Liter w/Magnuson Blower

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006 | 12:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Very cool . Have you finished the driver's side header yet? I'd like to see the end result of having the tubes and collector run laterally under the transmission. I guess there is no room for the collector and pipe down the driver's side because of the transfer case, right?
Old 10-29-2006 | 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

i would put a pair of 3 bolt flanges on each side of the u-bends going under the transmission, in case you have to do any work on it.
Old 10-29-2006 | 06:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

This is turning out VERY NICE!.Who made the headers?wiring harness from?
Old 10-29-2006 | 08:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
i would put a pair of 3 bolt flanges on each side of the u-bends going under the transmission, in case you have to do any work on it.
On my conversion, I put V-band style clamps on in place of the 3 bolt flanges (granted, I only had a 2.5" pipe for each side, not multiple pipes). I have to say, though, they work great. No gaskets to mess with, which is my favorite feature, just hard metal to metal contact. And they weren't all that much more than 3 bolt flanges.

'JustDreamin'
Old 10-29-2006 | 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

Default Info

Thanks for all of the compliments and tips. I've had modded S10's over the years and I wanted one with everything on it that I could afford.

The first one was a 305 TBI 4L60 in an 86 Blazer. 2nd one was a 350 TPI with nitrous/4L60 with a stall, 3rd was a 97 blazer with a powerdyne and nitrous, 4th was 97 Blazer with a modded 5.7 vortec 4L60E/Stall, 3.73's and now this one.

Headers:

The headers will allow the trans to come out without much effort. The front prop shaft doesn't leave much room for a collector on the drivers side, so to keep both sides equal length, hence the 90 degree turn. Pipes are 1 3/4" diameter, into a 3-bolt collector (ball type, so no gasket). Going to coat them (even though they are stainless) with a black thermal coating inside and out. Once installed, the headers shouldn't have to be removed.

Truck is being built in the Tampa area and it is running a little behind. Now looking at 3rd week of Nov. (hopefully)

I'll have detailed pics of the headers, cooling sys, oil pan, heater modifications, front axle modification, induction, etc right after delivery. Also running Evans coolant, so I don't have to worry as much about getting hot or bursting hoses, since it runs at a much lower pressure.

I'm planning on videoing the dyno runs at Ed Wright's as well as a couple of runs on the track. Day one will be to dyno tune it, day two is so I can test it for driveability, shifting, etc. The truck isn't being built as a racer, but a daily driver.

Hoping to also get some magazine ink in a joint shoot with the S10 truck with a similar engine/blower combo, only with a 6-speed.
Old 10-29-2006 | 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Phil, I was leaning over your fender the other day. Things look good.
Old 10-29-2006 | 12:58 PM
TECH Resident

I can't wait! I'm going to see him at SEMA on Wednesday.

Phil
Old 10-29-2006 | 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JustDreamin
On my conversion, I put V-band style clamps on in place of the 3 bolt flanges (granted, I only had a 2.5" pipe for each side, not multiple pipes). I have to say, though, they work great. No gaskets to mess with, which is my favorite feature, just hard metal to metal contact. And they weren't all that much more than 3 bolt flanges.

'JustDreamin'
didnt think of that.. i've used those on our race cars at the X pipe and didn't even think of it.. doh!
Old 10-29-2006 | 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by philntx
I can't wait! I'm going to see him at SEMA on Wednesday.

Phil

He's a good guy and knows his schizz I don't worry about what people say.
Old 10-29-2006 | 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

RICE, lol. Just kidding. That **** is going to be badass.
Old 10-30-2006 | 05:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for all of the compliments and tips. I've had modded S10's over the years and I wanted one with everything on it that I could afford.

The first one was a 305 TBI 4L60 in an 86 Blazer. 2nd one was a 350 TPI with nitrous/4L60 with a stall, 3rd was a 97 blazer with a powerdyne and nitrous, 4th was 97 Blazer with a modded 5.7 vortec 4L60E/Stall, 3.73's and now this one.

Headers:

The headers will allow the trans to come out without much effort. The front prop shaft doesn't leave much room for a collector on the drivers side, so to keep both sides equal length, hence the 90 degree turn. Pipes are 1 3/4" diameter, into a 3-bolt collector (ball type, so no gasket). Going to coat them (even though they are stainless) with a black thermal coating inside and out. Once installed, the headers shouldn't have to be removed.

Truck is being built in the Tampa area and it is running a little behind. Now looking at 3rd week of Nov. (hopefully)

I'll have detailed pics of the headers, cooling sys, oil pan, heater modifications, front axle modification, induction, etc right after delivery. Also running Evans coolant, so I don't have to worry as much about getting hot or bursting hoses, since it runs at a much lower pressure.

I'm planning on videoing the dyno runs at Ed Wright's as well as a couple of runs on the track. Day one will be to dyno tune it, day two is so I can test it for driveability, shifting, etc. The truck isn't being built as a racer, but a daily driver.

Hoping to also get some magazine ink in a joint shoot with the S10 truck with a similar engine/blower combo, only with a 6-speed.
what mag. is it going to be in?Is the guy name Lee?Looks great.Got amy pics of the 6 speed truck?
Old 10-30-2006 | 09:07 AM
TECH Resident

I've been in contact with one of the editors of Primedia Magazines. They have GM High Tech, Chevy High Performance, Sport Truck, etc. They said that they would consider it after they see a dyno graph and a timeslip.
Old 10-30-2006 | 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

Damn man. I had a Blazer and I wish I could have done this. Good luck with everything. Vids and audio clips please.
Old 10-30-2006 | 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by firefighter
He's a good guy and knows his schizz I don't worry about what people say.
I am quite the polar opposite.
I say he is an ******* and knows how to bullshit. He has screwed more people than anyone else I know.

THis ones a couple years old, but it is just one example.
http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=51530
Old 10-30-2006 | 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Sweet swap! I have a 99' blazer and have thought about something like this just about every day. I can't wait to see the finished product and hear it in some vids!
Old 10-30-2006 | 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks! I think the blower, the headers, and Magnaflow exhaust are going to sound perfect! The option package on the Blazer is not very common. It has the Trailblazer package with the leather interior, Trailblazer logos on the door panels and seats and unique valence panels. I'm going to install subtle engine size logos on the front fender and tailgate.
Old 11-16-2006 | 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

Hey Philntx would you mind having company during the dyno session? A few of us on PT.net are in the Tulsa area, if you wouldn't mind let us know when you're gonna be in town and we can swing by. BTW its gonna be a sweet sleeper.

Last edited by Okie5.3; 11-16-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-16-2006 | 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

Default Dyno

Absolutely not! I think it would be great to have part of the "community" there. I'll drop an update when I get closer to delivery.

Phil
Old 11-17-2006 | 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

appreciate it.
Old 06-22-2007 | 04:11 PM

Default Progress?

Is this project done?

If so, where can we see some pictures of the finished truck?

Any numbers on it's performance?

Pretty sweet project.

Quick Reply: 2000 S10 Blazer, 6 Liter w/Magnuson Blower