Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to find info for Jeep CJ-7 conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find info for Jeep CJ-7 conversion?

Looking for info on a 5.3 + T56 conversion for a CJ-7. Can any of you point me in the right direction?
Old 09-25-2006, 02:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

search
Old 09-25-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a guy on here who has one... not sure what his screen name is. Search in the conversion area and you will find it. I think his name is Aaron.

-Dave
Old 09-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CorvettePD
Looking for info on a 5.3 + T56 conversion for a CJ-7. Can any of you point me in the right direction?
Like others said, "search". If you don't have it in you I would say this is the wrong kind of game for you. I like to help you but you need a IDEA first. When you have a plan, proceed until running into trouble than ask. I beleive everyone will be jumping in along with myself. You can research everything from mounts,fans,engines,etc all on the web. Go for it!
Thanks
Old 09-25-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Regular

Look up or call Advanced adapters(not sure on spelling) They make swaps for darn near anything-mounts,cradles,etc. Quadratec catalog has lots of swap parts also. Fairly easy swap-you can buy the rad,headers,eng,trans mounts,etc. You will need to tear the tranny down and change the output shaft-rear housing most likely to adapt to a transfer case. I'm not sure if any one makes a shaft/adapter for this swap. I would use a 4l60e/700r4 or an nv3500/4500(manuals) for trannies. I have built a few cj's from the groundup also,could prolly help ya dig up some info adn what not,but alot of guys are using the transmissions I listed. Good luck and have fun bro
Old 09-25-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

T56 will be a big obstacle. It has never been offered in a 4wd variation. Therefore, there is no tailshaft housing set up for mounting a transfer case.

You have 2 choices:
1.) Build (or have built) your own tailshaft housing (or modify a stock one) to mount the transfer case. This has been done, Mark Stilow (did I spell his name correctly) built just such an adapter / housing when he built Quadraduece.

2.) Punt. Drop any dreams of having a T56 in a 4wd jeep. Either ditch the T56 or 4wd, your call really.

Sorry to rain on your rockcrawl (I figure you're not the parade type).

'JustDreamin'

Quick Reply: Where to find info for Jeep CJ-7 conversion?