Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap fuel pressure gauge for schrader valve?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 09:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok here is a rough draft... on your existing ignition sw. remove your stock purple wire on blade marked "sol" in pic #1.... replace with a smaller wire (doesnt really matter what size) run that wire to a switch ( like your brake "on" "off" switch, but on your clutch.... you'll have to make a bracket or drill a hole and mount it, so when clutch pedel is depressed it pushes on the switch 'closed position') on your brake/clutch pedel assembly...then on the other terminal on the switch run that wire to blade # 85 on the relay...... run a 20amp fused hot wire (same guage as your stock purple starter sol wire) to blade #87 (again, doesnt matter if hot all the time or when ign. sw. is "on")...... run a ground to blade # 86 on the relay...... finally, run (same guage as stock purple starter sol. wire... just reuse the stock purple one if its good) from balde #30 to starter sol... and there you have it..... it'll only start when the clutch pedal is pushed in.... pic #2 is a drawing of what it'll kinda look like....it's broke down in 3 detailed drawings.....

Old 10-10-2006, 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet! Thanks!

I picked up 4 relays last night along with my radiator, so I've got all the crap I need to do this relay, the fuel pump and two for the fans (I'm only doing high speed, so I assume that's enough.)
Old 03-02-2007, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

FWIW: http://www.thirdgen.org/fuelgauge

-ch
Old 01-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Just wanted to say thanks to shifty` for this thread, was a real help getting my fuel gauge installed.

Installed the same gauge #800199 from Summit and adapter 2242-2-4s from Aeroquip. Fit like a glove on my '00 SS.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 5338
Size:  86.1 KB

Quick Reply: Cheap fuel pressure gauge for schrader valve?