Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 S10 swap help needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 02:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 S10 swap help needed

well I ran into a slight snag. the alternator wont fit between the steering knuckle at the stock location. does anyone make a bracket for the alternator to be put at the top? without spending a bunch of cash to get it? I have the power steering pump already on and new lines in place. i am down to the alternator. this build has been a pain in the butt, but I know it will pay off. I am not running AC.

I have a truck bracket which puts it at the top right of the engine, but I would nee a new alternator, and power steering pump and this and that. does anyone just sell a bracket? or what did you do????????? need imput.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lightbulb Your situation...

Has been tackled quite a few times already...Do a search. Yes, there are a few bracket options. None that I know of, that will allow you to "just" move your existing alternator by itself on the cheap. They usually require you to move both the alternator AND the power-steering pump together on the drivers side. One alternative is what you already mentioned, the truck bracketry. Another is the factory Corvette bracketry. And another is Street & Performance(S & P) bracketry. Good luck with your project & yes, it IS all worth it, in the end. Gar
Old 12-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check over in the forced induction section, there was a guy on there that makes a bracket for the guys running a truck manifold turbo setup that you should be able to use.

Jamie

Quick Reply: LS1 S10 swap help needed