Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M12x1.5 male and 5/8-18 unf female fitting

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default M12x1.5 male and 5/8-18 unf female fitting

Would anyone be interested in one of these fittings for a mechanical water temperature gauge? I am tn the process of having a company make some of these fittings for me. If more people want the fitting I can lower the production cost. I wanted a full sweep autometer gauge to match the others that I have. The short sweep electric gauge is $42 and the full sweep electric is $147 for some reason. I have a mechanical gauge now. I should have some costs next week. I don't understand why GM doesn't use STOR fittings in thier blocks. It would be alot easier to find adapter fittings.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Restricted User

What is a STOR fitting ?
Thanks Dale
Old 01-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Straight Thread O-Ring. It is used for ports. The other type is O-Ring Face Seal and is used for hoses and tubes. These are used in low to high pressure applications up to 6000 psi. Each type uses an o-ring to seal. These type of fittings can be assembled many times and if you use angle fittings like a 45 or 90, they can be orientated in any direction and still be tightened to a specified torque. They are better than pipe thread fittings because of the orientation ability and the pipe threads are deformed each time they are assembled. This is what Caterpillar and other equipment companies use for their hydraulic fittings.

Why do the full sweep electric gauges have such high prices?

Quick Reply: M12x1.5 male and 5/8-18 unf female fitting