Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SBC swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SBC swap into 94 firebird V6

Okay before you tell me to search I HAVE, I have been searching for days now and the only answer I find is either "Sell the car and buy a V8 car" or "all you need is the x member and the mounts and maybe the radiator."

On to the point, I already have a 350 and a TH400 and a few weeks ago I got a 94 firebird with the 3.4 (knocking horribly) and a blown auto trans. I paid $100 for the car so I'm going to be a little hard pressed to find a V8 car with a straight body for less than I spent. I am going to swap the engine and tranny I already have into it and would like any info you guys can give me. I work for a restoration shop that also specializes in building race cars so I am more than capable than doing this, another guy that works there has a 96 V6 camaro that is in the process of installing a 454. I don't want to hear about how stupid this is and how much money its going to cost me. It is going to be a drag car BTW. Plus I have done a few other crazy swaps that people told me wasn't possible. I not only want a fun car that costs next to nothing but I want something else money cant buy, the personal satisfaction of knowing I built my car, the way I want it to be. So if all you have to say is "just sell it and buy a TA / formula" please, please, PLEASE, don't waist your time or mine.

Last edited by Drumer919; 01-15-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:30 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Moving to Conversions & Hybrids Forum (from Pontiac Firebird Forum)...
Old 01-15-2007, 10:29 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You are not the only one who has swapped a SBC into a 4th gen. There is actually a sticky on swapping SBC/BBC`s into 4th gens https://ls1tech.com/forums/small-block-big-block-chevy-specific/618839-bbc-sbc-conversion-how.html It is much easier to swap a SBC in than an LS1, especially if it is a drag car.
You should be able to find a lot of info in the SBC/BBC tech section, that seems to be where everyone talks about swapping SBC/BBC`s into the 4th gens.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/small-block-big-block-chevy-specific-92/

Quick Reply: SBC swap