Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 w/ 4L80E Wiring Harness Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007 | 10:21 AM
Teching In

Question LQ4 w/ 4L80E Wiring Harness Question

Hello,

I have a '69 Chevy shortbed 2wd that I am doing a frame off with the help of my 16 year old son and we have made quite a bit of progress.

I have ordered an LQ4 with a 4L80E and I am trying to research the available engine wire harnesses available.

So far the four I have found are from Speartech, Current Performance, PCMAmerica & Painless.

I have tried searching for the answers, but keep reaching a dead end.

There are many positive responses for Speartech, but before I place the order I want to make sure I get the best solution available for a reasonable cost.

If someone has experience with a wire harness solution I would appreciate hearing from you.

Sorry this post was so long........

Thank you,

Bob
Old 01-16-2007 | 10:49 AM
Launching!

Get the harness from the vehicle that the engine is out of. Make sure you get the fuse/relay block from the engine compartment and connector 100 and 152. Then you just have to make a ground, battery, fuel pump, starter and ign 1 connection to your existing vehicle harness. You also have to run a wire for the TCC to the brake switch. Not really that hard to do and it is cheaper than an aftermarket harness. I have used a LQ9 engine and 4L80E trans in my car.
Old 01-16-2007 | 10:37 PM
sawzall wielding director
20 Year Member

If you are interested in doing your own harness there is a lot of info on here, check out the FAQ sticky. If you would rather have someone else do it check out speartech or jesse at wait4meperformance. Make sure to compare what comes with the harness, I know that some companies include a fuse/relay block and others don`t, in the end you really do get what you pay for. I couldn`t afford to pay for it so I did my own, it really wasn`t too hard. From what I read its a lot easier if you use the factory truck fuse/relay box.
Old 01-19-2007 | 03:57 PM
Teching In

Thank you for the replies....

Due to time constraints and ability I would like to have one made to avoid any potential wiring mistakes.

Thanks again....
Old 01-19-2007 | 04:08 PM
TECH Regular

i had my harness re-worked by speartech for LQ4 and 4L80E, they did everything the way it needed to be, and added some goodies too!

Quick Reply: LQ4 w/ 4L80E Wiring Harness Question