Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox swap guys.......anyone running a big aluminum Ford based Radiator????

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 08:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fox swap guys.......anyone running a big aluminum Ford based Radiator????

hey guys....

i'm tired of the way the factory ls1 radiator looks in the car and i'm about to buy some new fans to ditch the factory '95 elec fan. i'd like to get a nice thick aluminum one, but not sure about the right way to make the hoses work with it. any ideas short of cutting & rewelding new hose outlets would be great.

thanks,
Dave
Old 01-19-2007, 03:55 PM
9 Second Club

nobody has used a ford based radiator?
Old 01-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one of the Ford Racing replacement rads in my 5.0 right now. It works great, but I'm switching over to a complete F-body rad/fans/condensor setup to be able to use the stock F-body radiator hoses and to ensure the condensor matches up good. The existing rad I have has plastic tanks on the end, not aluminum so no-go on the welding. You could maybe try a big replacement/aftermarket aluminum F-body rad and go with the twin fan F-body setup if you wanted to go bigger. That way you could keep the stock F-body hoses.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why? The factory one works better.. should be enough to cool anything you throw at it and saves weight. I switched from a big aftermarket ron davis radiator to an oem 80's corvette radiator in my rx7 and couldn't be happier.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:45 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by aram
Why? The factory one works better.. should be enough to cool anything you throw at it and saves weight. I switched from a big aftermarket ron davis radiator to an oem 80's corvette radiator in my rx7 and couldn't be happier.
i just hate the way it looks.

can anyone of you guys give me a refresher on the hose sizes for the d/pass side hose fittings? i did a search but there were all kinds of irrelevant results that turned up with pages and pages to go through. thanks.

Quick Reply: Fox swap guys.......anyone running a big aluminum Ford based Radiator????