Sponsored by:

LS1 S13 Nissan 240sx swap..header info

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi Ted,
thanks for the heads up...

are those C5 manifolds a standard part? where can I buy a set of those? from GM?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ADAM HUTCHINSON
hi Ted,
thanks for the heads up...

are those C5 manifolds a standard part? where can I buy a set of those? from GM?
The cheapest place I've found to get them at is the Corvette Forums in the C5 Parts for sale section:

http://www.corvetteforum.com/

Normally can get them for $20 to $50 range... if you make a post looking for some in the year range I spoke of before you might be able to get them free and just pay shipping if you find the right person, just make a post titled "Wanted: Free C5 Manifolds (welded together kind, not cast ones) off of '97 to '00 Vette" type thing.

HTH!
Old 02-22-2007, 01:27 AM
Teching In

Hi Ted,

Would you share some info on modifying the driver side C5 manifold to go around the steering linkage? I am hoping there is a way to use that so it will be smog legal in California.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Ted J
I would suggest not spending all that money for that, just get a set of C5 manifolds (the weld together type) instead of going through all of that work and it will be a lot cheaper. I got my first set for $18 shipped and my second set for $40 shipped. Just make sure you have them send you a picture first and make sure they are the welded together kind that look like these:

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL828.../181436804.jpg

HTH!
Old 02-22-2007, 06:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fwdsucks
Hi Ted,

Would you share some info on modifying the driver side C5 manifold to go around the steering linkage? I am hoping there is a way to use that so it will be smog legal in California.

Thanks.
I just worked on the manifolds this last weekend so I'lll snap some pics of them this weekend when I'm finished working on them to give you an idea. It's pretty tight getting around on the drivers side that's for sure.

Quick Reply: LS1 S13 Nissan 240sx swap..header info