Sponsored by:

Corvette C3 with LS1 and sidepipes chime in please

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette C3 with LS1 and sidepipes chime in please

Hello all,
Finally I'm working on the car, I have a '77 and am dropping in an LS1 and T56. I have a new set of Hooker sidepipes I'd like to use and I have heard about people cutting off the flange and welding on an LS1 flange. Anyone have that setup? How about the alignment on the 2 center cylinders?

Also, what did you guys use for a crossmember, mines welded in so I'm not sure if I should relocate or what.

Thanks,
Frank
Old 03-12-2007, 10:49 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Usually people cut the flanges off a set of BBC headers, or small block ford headers because the spacing is very similar to LSx exhaust port spacing. You could probably modify SBC headers, but you would have to cut the pipes off and shorten them or add bends to make the center 2 cylinders line up with the LS1 exhaust outlets.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Ok thnaks, I was wondering if they had to be big block headers. I'll have to re-group on my exhaust plans.

Frank
Old 03-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Teching In

It can be done, but you will have to do some cutting and welding. I'm planning on going with my current headers (Hookers w/ sidepipes) and mating them up to a set of LS1 flanges. Have seen pictures of a couple over on CorvetteForum by searching LS1 sidepipe. I should know exactly how to do it by the end of May.

Quick Reply: Corvette C3 with LS1 and sidepipes chime in please