Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The LS1 is better than the 2JZ OR the 2JZ is better because...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dragcamaro
obviously im partial to the ls1 being that im here... but id say the ls is a better engine. i dont really find the 2jz to be an amazing engine, the thing it has going for it is the same thing the lc2 has... its strong. look at grand nationals, the engine itself is a sloppy design when compared to ls1; however it is strong, and without touching the insides of one, great power is attainable. same downfalls though, no bottom end, or really no power curve at all, just a big peak that the owner brags about.

put two cars next to eachother of similar weight, similar gearing, and of similar traction capability - one being a "500hp" ls1 and one being a "500hp" 2jz... the ls1 would more than likely be a far quicker car.

since were showing videos...

thats why you
Ok i am talking about street cars not full blown race cars.
To get 500whp in a supra you put a intake/exhaust and turn the boost up to 15psi.And if you get a good tune you can run 11's all day.with simple bolt on's.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lemons12
"some suspension work".... that can make a difference from a 10 seond car and an 8 second car...
supra worthy..... !!!!!!!! that might of even been funnier than watching griffen getting his *** HANDED to him by Silva.. its a close call though..

your a lost cause... have fun in your fantasy land, ill be in the real world waiting for you to come back and play with us..
Ok what ever you are starting to sound like a 2 year old.Your just mad because there is no vid of a LSX beating a turbo busa.Why dont you put your t/a up against my mk4 and we will see what happens?Well there would be no point because you would be left back there with the stock Honda's.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:19 AM
Staging Lane

Well if i had to say so myself it looks like the 2jz it starting to whoop so lsx ***.
427ci < 134ci
Old 08-09-2009, 01:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by wheels 2
To get 500whp in a supra you put a intake/exhaust and turn the boost up to 15psi.And if you get a good tune you can run 11's all day.with simple bolt on's.
its pro street class

better be some low *** 11s... im pretty sure theres been f-bodys with their "outdated" pushrods and solid rear axle do better than that with 500hp.....

hows this for not a drag car... looks to be missing some interior stuff though sorry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZHK1oICqO0
Old 08-09-2009, 01:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its pro street class

better be some low *** 11s... im pretty sure theres been f-bodys with their "outdated" pushrods and solid rear axle do better than that with 500hp.....

hows this for not a drag car... looks to be missing some interior stuff though sorry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZHK1oICqO0
heres one of those measly cam only ls1s again.. stock bottom end..
http://www.precisionracecomponents.com/982pass.wmv

btw, wheels 2... just for you buddy.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Ccfpwc6bg

/wheels 2
Old 08-09-2009, 01:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

heres one of those measly cam only ls1s again.. stock bottom end..
http://www.precisionracecomponents.com/982pass.wmv

btw, wheels 2... just for you buddy.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Ccfpwc6bg

/wheels 2

damn turd ls1s and their stock NA bottom end running nines... btw when u said wheels 2 i thought you meant how the ls1 cars that have torque launched haha

wasnt there something in gm high tech performance about a lsx block on pump gas with 2xxx hp? i dont remember
Old 08-09-2009, 01:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

damn turd ls1s and their stock NA bottom end running nines... btw when u said wheels 2 i thought you meant how the ls1 cars that have torque launched haha

wasnt there something in gm high tech performance about a lsx block on pump gas with 2xxx hp? i dont remember
i know, pitiful.. nothing compared to the almighty supra.. **** when i had my white one and i saw a supra.. i went home, period!

something like that... dont read too many mags.. just on break ill pick one up.. but i do remember seeing something like that..
Old 08-09-2009, 01:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

i know, pitiful.. nothing compared to the almighty supra.. **** when i had my white one and i saw a supra.. i went home, period!

something like that... dont read too many mags.. just on break ill pick one up.. but i do remember seeing something like that..

i just dont remember the numbers, itwas in an orange caprice, twin turbo, i swear it was over 2500... it went over whatever the lsx block is rated for
Old 08-09-2009, 01:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

i just dont remember the numbers, itwas in an orange caprice, twin turbo, i swear it was over 2500... it went over whatever the lsx block is rated for
i saw a 2jz one time make 555957t39843fg084 horse powers.... nuts man im telling you.. it ran low 2's in the mile..

lsx blows.. we run when we see supras, remember?
Old 08-09-2009, 01:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

i saw a 2jz one time make 555957t39843fg084 horse powers.... nuts man im telling you.. it ran low 2's in the mile..

lsx blows.. we run when we see supras, remember?

for those that dont understand every letter in that is a multiple of a million..

2s in the mile is alright, imagine it had vtak
\

edit: check this out... its not real yet but just imagine ithttp://benzs.blogspot.com/2009/05/mo...urbo-land.html
Old 08-09-2009, 02:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

for those that dont understand every letter in that is a multiple of a million..

2s in the mile is alright, imagine it had vtak

edit: check this out... its not real yet but just imagine ithttp://benzs.blogspot.com/2009/05/mo...urbo-land.html
he is correct...

i know.. it would at least do -5s, MINIMUM!

thats insane.. thanks for the read!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Like i said it had some suspension work if you dont believe me than search.
Here is a vid same car.http://www.youtube.com/user/jpolo975.../4/WqDzlYKsUws
Your car is bad ***.But I didn't say it was supra worthy.
I dont know much about your car.I only know what you told me.
But since you know so much about weight than whats this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ui6ANx0k2U
Humm thats wired i thought it wouldn't make that big of a difference.
See thats why a few post ago i said i didn't want to argue.Because i knew this was going to happen.I said 2jz's have a lot of top end power.Then you said a lsx can have just as much as power.And the vid wasn't about burning out a 80mph it was about walking a turbo busa.
Sounds like you should head on over to the soopra boards if you think they are so great, this IS LS1 tech. You are failing to pay attention to the fact that those cars you are comparing are way different animals too, theres too many factors involved other than weight.

and burnouts next to turbo busas are ricer math....My car will burn the tires off at 80 too, who cares. Spinning ain't winning son
Old 08-09-2009, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok what ever you are starting to sound like a 2 year old.Your just mad because there is no vid of a LSX beating a turbo busa.Why dont you put your t/a up against my mk4 and we will see what happens?Well there would be no point because you would be left back there with the stock Honda's.
wow lemons! hes calling you out on the interwebz!!! don't get beat by his 80,000 soopra with your 15,000 Trans Am!! I'll let you borrow my kit and we can go do 80mph burnouts next to him! he will tuck and run! burnouts are better than dyno and track runs!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZTwentyAteU
wow lemons! hes calling you out on the interwebz!!! don't get beat by his 80,000 soopra with your 15,000 Trans Am!! I'll let you borrow my kit and we can go do 80mph burnouts next to him! he will tuck and run! burnouts are better than dyno and track runs!
i know man... i got scared when he brought the heavy artillery out..

dude come on be real... we cant spin the tires at 80mph.. were in ls1s... hell i tried so hard one time in my white one... i was punching it about 70 and fish tailing (on motor might i add) and i was REALLY EXCITED..
i got to my buddies house and watched the vids.. it was sooooo awesome..

then one of my car buddies came around and said he swapped in a 2500RWHP supra engine in my car the night before.. ls1 f t l AGAIN!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've got a daily driven camaro that makes well over 500rwhp with a nasty tq curve..all i have is a $250 cam kit(same as a STOCK ls6 z06) and 150 shot of nitrous. guess I should sell my house to build a supra now, i'm all backwards I guess. I mean, take that turbo off your car, i'll put mine back to stock, and we will see what that turd runs
Old 08-09-2009, 02:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

i know man... i got scared when he brought the heavy artillery out..

dude come on be real... we cant spin the tires at 80mph.. were in ls1s... hell i tried so hard one time in my white one... i was punching it about 70 and fish tailing (on motor might i add) and i was REALLY EXCITED..
i got to my buddies house and watched the vids.. it was sooooo awesome..

then one of my car buddies came around and said he swapped in a 2500RWHP supra engine in my car the night before.. ls1 f t l AGAIN!
there was this one supra that made eleventybillion on a mustang dyno..I raced him...the turbo sucked my whole car in and totalled it. I hate it when that happens.

BTW he must have left...what a tool
Old 08-09-2009, 02:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've got a daily driven camaro that makes well over 500rwhp with a nasty tq curve..all i have is a $250 cam kit(same as a STOCK ls6 z06) and 150 shot of nitrous. guess I should sell my house to build a supra now, i'm all backwards I guess. I mean, take that turbo off your car, i'll put mine back to stock, and we will see what that turd runs
my god you have some ***** calling the poopra king out like this in public! actions like this are frowned HIGHLY upon... you might just be stoned.. depends on his mood..

you dont stand a chance... have you seen what he runs! he runs 40mph burn outs on slicks!!!!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

there was this one supra that made eleventybillion on a mustang dyno..I raced him...the turbo sucked my whole car in and totalled it. I hate it when that happens.

BTW he must have left...what a tool
damn.. that happen to my buddies brothers counsins aunt on his dads side of the family... terrible ****..

he did.. i think he got fed up when i started making sense and logical statements..
Old 08-09-2009, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

my god you have some ***** calling the poopra king out like this in public! actions like this are frowned HIGHLY upon... you might just be stoned.. depends on his mood..

you dont stand a chance... have you seen what he runs! he runs 40mph burn outs on slicks!!!!
OMG no WAAAYY! 40mph...ON SLICKS?

I think he might be stoned actually. How you gonna get on a lsx based site and try to argue? You are gonna lose. Makes me wana build a Honda that will send him packing. All we need is his trust fund!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

OMG no WAAAYY! 40mph...ON SLICKS?

I think he might be stoned actually. How you gonna get on a lsx based site and try to argue? You are gonna lose. Makes me wana build a Honda that will send him packing. All we need is his trust fund!
true story.

he really might be.. his points sucked.. make no sense.. was pretty ignorant on most subjects..
i have wanted to build a honda just to embarrass all the rice owners in my area, all i ever hear is i have a v8 and its unfair.. beat them at their own game!

Quick Reply: The LS1 is better than the 2JZ OR the 2JZ is better because...