Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking to swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

drove the car all day today. The power is sooo smooth, I love it. Glad I choose this engine. spins the tires with ease and I can pass people with very little effort. Not only do I now have a seat of the pants joy, but I also feel like I have a safer car. Aside from a minimal yet noticeable vibration at ~70 MPH the car drives great, went to auto zone and the guy said he couldent scan it, I said yes you can. He said its OBD-I, I said its got an LS1 and its got an OBD-II port wired in. Once he scanned it, with no codes by the way, he said thats cool. lol
Old 10-22-2007, 12:22 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad to hear that your first ride well.

I always like confusing the autozone guys too
Old 10-23-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

Default Follow up

Well in the three day's Ive driven it two days have been pure rain. Aw well. anyway with it so far, its getting something like 30 MPG. I'm gonna take a real long drive sometime soon to see if thats true. Sounds high but it is all stock.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Oh man, the ultimate El Camino. I want one!!! But I want mine to be a 6 speed!!!
I am jealous man. Someday someday hopefully it'll happen!!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Hey was just looking around seen the first start video and skimmed through the thread, I did almost the same thing except i have the t56 tranny and rather than getting different brackets and oil pan my frame was modified slightly, and by slightly i mean hardly at all. And i got an all new fuel system from cell to rails, and 31x19 afco AL radiator. you can follow it here https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/719486-ls1-engine-t56-tranny-87-el-camino.html its not quite done yet but when it is i will put us some pics. how do the dual straights sound with the ls1? thats what i had with the 305 and loved it?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 87Elky
Hey was just looking around seen the first start video and skimmed through the thread, I did almost the same thing except i have the t56 tranny and rather than getting different brackets and oil pan my frame was modified slightly, and by slightly i mean hardly at all. And i got an all new fuel system from cell to rails, and 31x19 afco AL radiator. you can follow it here https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719486 its not quite done yet but when it is i will put us some pics. how do the dual straights sound with the ls1? thats what i had with the 305 and loved it?

It sounds almost the same as the 305 just louder and a little different rythm because of the firing order. Someone asked me if I had a 350, so the sound didnt change much. I probably wont get a video of me actually driving it around until next season, Snow is a coming.

Quick Reply: looking to swap