Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie...with a ls1....but not in your typical car

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

to the redneck bastard hatin on this guy...

if nothing else, you should at least respect his creative talent... not to mention the ability to pull off something like this. the guy who said "its guys like you who give enthusiasts a bad name" couldn't have hit it more on the nose. i'm assuming that some day you'll come of age and realize that all different manufacturers and genre's of cars have something to offer.

while we're bashing on **** though, i'd like to see your hammerhead camaro, or whatever it was that you called it, go through some twisties against that Lotus, the Testerossa, or the STi. it'd probably end up with your big displacement engine plastered on a canyon wall in the first turn. GTFO and respect all walks of cars... cause ANY monkey can drive in a straight line.

just to push this guy closer to the edge of the cliff... i'm sure you all have seen this already, but check out www.hinsonsupercars.com for LS1 powered RX-7's with near perfect 50/50 weight distribution.

Last edited by deeksmooth; 06-26-2007 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Launching!

^ +1 ^
Old 06-26-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z284eternity
Are you blind? I said I HATE RICE! I HATE HONDAs! I hate people who try to look cool but its all an illusion! My Berger SS will kill a 3 of your shitmobiles!
I bet you think automatics are slow too. That the SS badge gives you 500hp. Oh, and I bet you bought a Camaro to "look cool", because you were rejected from society as a child. Please shut your mouth ... or in this case, just stop typing.

Now back on topic ... that is one of most unique hybrids I have ever seen. Can't wait to see it when it is all done!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

Thats it, im gonna out a V-TECH enigne in my SS!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Hi Volume
Thats it, im gonna out a V-TECH enigne in my SS!!!
zomg, phone guts in a car?!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Addict

i told you guys, he thinks stickers add horse power and a berger panal means it's supercharged
Old 06-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Launching!

Does that mean if I have a black scoop and berger panel, that I can smoke anything??? Curious what Power Tour decals do?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

well almost anything, not my old honda though i had every sticker you could get wich = UNBEATABLE
Old 06-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Launching!

I bet you had those NOS, StreetGlow, and Neuspeed stickers? If I only.......
Old 06-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Teching In

This is a kickass project! You caught the attention of some members over at a different forum and everyone seems to agree that it is pretty badass.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...d.php?t=126162

Cheers
Old 06-27-2007, 12:57 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbovation
This is a kickass project! You caught the attention of some members over at a different forum and everyone seems to agree that it is pretty badass.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...d.php?t=126162

Cheers

lol....thanks man.....just so you can clear it up with them.......I work at a repair shop.....for wholesalers.....guy at my work repaired reverse in the vette.....took it for a final test drive......totalled the car into 7 other cars.....(local rx-7 shop)....didnt to to much damage but bent the frame around in the back....the car sat for a year behind our shop....during this time the insurance paid off everything....vette alone was like $23,000.....rest added up to like $12,000......the insurance company never picked up the car.....after one year we filled abandoned vehicle papers on it.......my boss said the wreck cost him $2000.....so he said i could buy it for that......

ok this is how i got the money for the car........Another guy brought in a eclipse with a ripp motorsports supercharger on it......the belt was missing and it ran like ****......he said just make it run right......i told him we needed to remove the kit.....he agreed.....i removed it....returned car to stock....car ran great.....car and him left.....kit was still in great shape so i cleaned it up.....put it on ebay......it sold for $2000.....so i gave that money to my boss.....all this equals out to FREEEEEEEE VETTE!!!!!LOL

Bought the civic year before all this for $250 from a friend......was a automatic dx....blown engine......sold it to a friend.......he bought a foxbody mustang......gave up building the civic.......i got it back......measured the civic.....laughed for a week about it fitting the vette componets......then just said screw it......and started cutting...lol......

Original plans was a new beetle......but couldnt find one cheap enough.....

Just cut and paste this in your forum.......
Old 06-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Launching!

^^^That is awesome. Love the project too.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Haha Holy ****! That is a Civic I would actually drive. Thats nuts, and you sure look like you know what youre doing. That's real talent right there. Can't wait til that beast is done, it's gonna be mean. And wow, really nice collection you have there.

And to the guy who said its like putting a 4 cyl Honda engine in a Camaro, ummm not quite. He's upgrading by putting the LS1 in there, and a 4 cyl in a Camaro would be downgrading. So stop being a dumbass and have a little respect. Im not saying you cant state your opinion, you just look like a ignorant, closed minded fool.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

Its more like putting in a bugatti twin turbo'd V-12 or what's their new veyron using,. quad turboed v-12.. hehe sickness.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

I think that is twin bi-turbos. Like 2 supra motors pushed into a V each side has its own turbo, don't quote me (well you can if you want) but thats what I think they did to it.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Alt
I think that is twin bi-turbos. Like 2 supra motors pushed into a V each side has its own turbo, don't quote me (well you can if you want) but thats what I think they did to it.

its actually a W16 Quad turbo.......(looks like a V16 to me)lol

Old 06-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the clarification civette..I posted it over there. Whats next??? We're all eagerly awaiting more pictures and/or information!!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by turbovation
Thanks for the clarification civette..I posted it over there. Whats next??? We're all eagerly awaiting more pictures and/or information!!

notice wheel is too far out.....

too far out side of fender

the old cradle i cut out

no more cradle

vette badge!!!

vette exhaust plate

starting the new setup

expletive it i had to clean the garage!!!!

suspension mosty together

Old 06-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Launching!

and dont tell me that tire is on the wrong side....i know......its the only wheel not bent!!!!!

The new setup
Old 06-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Quick Reply: newbie...with a ls1....but not in your typical car