Sponsored by:

newbie...with a ls1....but not in your typical car

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if u really wanted to hustle some chumps,
F&F type paint job with jdm, emblems and such
would write u off as another 14-15 sec. ricer.
by the time they recognize the ls howl it will be too late
Old 09-10-2007, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is awesome. i didnt feel like reading every post to look for it so sorry if its already been answered but whats the weight on this build
Old 09-10-2007, 04:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Civette
those wagon wheels are temporary.....they were free......
i think they look ****...i'd keep em
Old 09-12-2007, 11:47 PM

Damn, dude. I'm very impressed. Yes, I did join just to comment on the thread. Normally hang out on the Turbobricks forum (http://forums.turbobricks.com)... Anyway, keep up the good work and I would keep the wagon wheels. They definitely look cool.

-John, Duvall, WA - 1985 Volvo 245 Turbo
Old 09-13-2007, 09:57 AM

Excellent project, I love the whole sleeper motive!

Just out of curiousity, is your windshield completely tinted?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is insane ! Definitely post pictures of the progress, got a website? WHer are you doing this? I think civic hatchbacks are one of the uglyest pieces of **** on earth, dont understand why people drive those things, same as the focus, but to all their own, I woulda done it on something like a stratus/cavalier/g6/eclipse/stealth/etc oh well ! 1000 bucks in the hole aint bad
Old 09-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by eddielb
I think civic hatchbacks are one of the uglyest pieces of **** on earth, dont understand why people drive those things, same as the focus, but to all their own, I woulda done it on something like a stratus/cavalier/g6/eclipse/stealth/etc oh well
Sorry..... had just about enough of posts like that...Why do you feel the need to post **** like that - the guy has just carried out one of THE most awesome swaps in recent history - its probably the most talked about car on the WWW at the moment .... and you have to add an insult in the middle.

"I woulda done it"... rubbish... reading your sig tells me you never will. "Yea it's low - maybe slow but it makes girls want to blow 332 RWHP and 380 RHTQ maybe not as slow as I thought for stock with a cutout" - and you're telling him what he shoulda done - gimme a ******* break...

Your post would have been fine just like this:

that is insane ! Definitely post pictures of the progress, got a website? WHer are you doing this? 1000 bucks in the hole aint bad
Old 09-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Launching!

+1 to Crafty....
Old 09-14-2007, 01:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by h4ck
Excellent project, I love the whole sleeper motive!

Just out of curiousity, is your windshield completely tinted?

yes.....

that is insane ! Definitely post pictures of the progress, got a website? WHer are you doing this? I think civic hatchbacks are one of the uglyest pieces of **** on earth, dont understand why people drive those things, same as the focus, but to all their own, I woulda done it on something like a stratus/cavalier/g6/eclipse/stealth/etc oh well ! 1000 bucks in the hole aint bad

ummmmm......a stratus????.....come on?????......cavalier????......no freaking way.....g6?????? Ummmm im not rich enough to chop up a brand new car......Eclipse???.....ha ha nuff said......stealth????.....4000 pounds and counting....

this is awesome. i didnt feel like reading every post to look for it so sorry if its already been answered but whats the weight on this build

2850 with driver
Old 09-14-2007, 02:03 AM
Launching!

ok sorry guys......ive been very busy lately.......the car is all one color now..... ..........and the interior is 90% finished......it has all the carpet.....seats(not recovered yet)....dash and fillers....panels in the back....lights....no door panels yet....but its ready to take to nopi......we are leaving early in the morning.....we will have running videos of the car and videos and pics from nopi when we get back......lol....we are trying to get the car parked in the GM section of nopi....haha...its closer and paved!!!!......

ohhh and the car now has full lotus elise coilovers front and rear.....car actually handles great.....
Old 09-14-2007, 02:24 AM
Teching In

awesome work... did you get all your metal work painted up, this car needs to survive the ages lol
Old 09-14-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crafty888
Sorry..... had just about enough of posts like that...Why do you feel the need to post **** like that - the guy has just carried out one of THE most awesome swaps in recent history - its probably the most talked about car on the WWW at the moment .... and you have to add an insult in the middle.

"I woulda done it"... rubbish... reading your sig tells me you never will. "Yea it's low - maybe slow but it makes girls want to blow 332 RWHP and 380 RHTQ maybe not as slow as I thought for stock with a cutout" - and you're telling him what he shoulda done - gimme a ******* break...

Your post would have been fine just like this:

That's cause I've been there done that, a dodge stratus 1g looks 100x better than a civic, I had a ????? engine swap in my 4 banger, it was fun to drive, got more than my trans am did (full body kit dropped, airbags, candy apple paint job, sound system with 4 jbl, etc etc) but I looked the way transams/v8 sounded so I sold my car. Spent over 15k on it over 5 years and bought it for 8 in 96. Look in the video forums, there is videos of a dodge stratus with a LS7 with twin turbos, as well as other cars that would make you think what??? that is just my opinion, props on him for doing it, looks like he's got a shop, my gramps has a shop which is why I was able to do whatever I wanted, my trans am is my daily driver right now, I just did the 6 speed swap, im not going to try and mod it to keep up with the Benjamins cause it's a never ending cause especialy on our cars, we got people pushing over 700+ hp. Im not going to do that to my daily driver, if I had another one then yes.

This is why I say I would do it if I had another car.

Props on the work man ! Good luck to you
Old 09-14-2007, 10:06 AM

That's cause I've been there done that, a dodge stratus 1g looks 100x better than a civic, I had a ????? engine swap in my 4 banger, it was fun to drive, got more than my trans am did (full body kit dropped, airbags, candy apple paint job, sound system with 4 jbl, etc etc) but I looked the way transams/v8 sounded so I sold my car. Spent over 15k on it over 5 years and bought it for 8 in 96. Look in the video forums, there is videos of a dodge stratus with a LS7 with twin turbos, as well as other cars that would make you think what??? that is just my opinion, props on him for doing it, looks like he's got a shop, my gramps has a shop which is why I was able to do whatever I wanted, my trans am is my daily driver right now, I just did the 6 speed swap, im not going to try and mod it to keep up with the Benjamins cause it's a never ending cause especialy on our cars, we got people pushing over 700+ hp. Im not going to do that to my daily driver, if I had another one then yes.

This is why I say I would do it if I had another car.

Props on the work man ! Good luck to you
No one cares your a dick!

-----------------------------

Civic keep up the good work. The car is awesome and I look forward to seeing more pictures and videos.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Excited for some new pics and videos!
Old 09-14-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

in line for vids of nopi also
Old 09-14-2007, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NemeSS
in line for vids of nopi also
You should also approach the producers and try to get on the actual broadcast of the NOPI show (on Speed) as well. We KNOW they have NEVER seen anything like this before, and they are always pointing out the different/unusual stuff to contrast the "lambo door" crap that EVERYONE else has!!
If ANYONE deserves the recognition, it's YOU!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Banned

kewl build up cant wait to see some videos of u racing some people i ve been wanting to do a ls1 fierro swap but cant find a good looking 1 for cheap

Last edited by transam45; 09-17-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=Instant]No one cares your a dick!

-----------------------------

Wow thats kinda a little harsh for your first post unless you have another name on the site.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:59 AM
11 Second Club

said it before and ill say it again. that is one badass car man. keep up the good work.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Teching In

i want to see this LS7 Stratus video

Great project man, keep up the good work

And dont rice it out, that would ruin all your hard work

Quick Reply: newbie...with a ls1....but not in your typical car