Sponsored by:

newbie...with a ls1....but not in your typical car

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 11:00 PM
sar
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eddielb
That's cause I've been there done that, a dodge stratus 1g looks 100x better than a civic, I had a ????? engine swap in my 4 banger, it was fun to drive, got more than my trans am did (full body kit dropped, airbags, candy apple paint job, sound system with 4 jbl, etc etc) but I looked the way transams/v8 sounded so I sold my car. Spent over 15k on it over 5 years and bought it for 8 in 96. Look in the video forums, there is videos of a dodge stratus with a LS7 with twin turbos, as well as other cars that would make you think what??? that is just my opinion, props on him for doing it, looks like he's got a shop, my gramps has a shop which is why I was able to do whatever I wanted, my trans am is my daily driver right now, I just did the 6 speed swap, im not going to try and mod it to keep up with the Benjamins cause it's a never ending cause especialy on our cars, we got people pushing over 700+ hp. Im not going to do that to my daily driver, if I had another one then yes.

This is why I say I would do it if I had another car.

Props on the work man ! Good luck to you

all the cars you named are gross. why would anyone want to mod a stratus?? just doesnt flow. the only car gm ever made that looks good is some tas, some camaros and a vette. civic is WAY original. way sleeper.

btw, awsome fab skills bro. im amazed you spent time doing all this work. very nice lil 4banger u got there hahaha
Old 09-15-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

LMAO .. damn brother i was wondering when you were gunna get cho *** on here !! I Use to run the Advance you came into to get all that wiring shrink wrap n all .. damn im glad to c .. and HEAR that thing run .. Congrats bro --
If i pull up at a light in wolfchase next to ya .. dont run me .. id hate to waxed by a damn civette
Old 09-16-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

sweet conversion

i think there is a cool honda civic out there

that cars going to need some really big slicks to get a lil traction lol

nice job
Old 09-16-2007, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

it just looks like it could be a wheel stander if it were on a nice set of slicks and suspension. imagine how bad *** it would look tubbed and tucked.

.fixed

Last edited by leadfoot100; 09-16-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by leadfoot100
it just looks like it could be a wheel stander if it were on a nice set of slicks and suspension. imagine how bad *** it would look tubbed tucked.

that would look pretty sweet
Old 09-16-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My buddy told me that there was a civic with vette drivetrain at nopti nationals... wonder if it's the same car.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jfman
My buddy told me that there was a civic with vette drivetrain at nopti nationals... wonder if it's the same car.
Yep it was their.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dude that is so awesome. The progress you made of just a few short months amaze me! I hope to see some 1 color paint pics, and some day time videos! Goodluck and Congrats.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's cause I've been there done that, a dodge stratus 1g looks 100x better than a civic, I had a ????? engine swap in my 4 banger, it was fun to drive, got more than my trans am did (full body kit dropped, airbags, candy apple paint job, sound system with 4 jbl, etc etc) but I looked the way transams/v8 sounded so I sold my car. Spent over 15k on it over 5 years and bought it for 8 in 96. Look in the video forums, there is videos of a dodge stratus with a LS7 with twin turbos, as well as other cars that would make you think what??? that is just my opinion, props on him for doing it, looks like he's got a shop, my gramps has a shop which is why I was able to do whatever I wanted, my trans am is my daily driver right now, I just did the 6 speed swap, im not going to try and mod it to keep up with the Benjamins cause it's a never ending cause especialy on our cars, we got people pushing over 700+ hp. Im not going to do that to my daily driver, if I had another one then yes.

This is why I say I would do it if I had another car.

Props on the work man ! Good luck to you

Your rims are fucken gross......

And all the stratus kits are nasty and riced out to hell...

Bad ideas
Old 09-17-2007, 01:21 AM
Launching!

Look in the video forums, there is videos of a dodge stratus with a LS7 with twin turbos,

Just had a look over there at that thread about the Dodge

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=dodge+stratus

.. there's ANOTHER bunch of retards over there giving THAT guy **** about putting a TT'd LS in a Dodge Stratus - on top of that there is a subgroup of retards who are giving him MORE **** because he lives in Turkey. One guy makes reference to the LS'd Evo saying it is **** also.....

What the **** is wrong with some of the people on this site?????? They cant appreciate anything that's not the same as their taste and/or not from the USA.

..... back in the 80's (when the Japs started messing with Turbos) ANYTHING with a turbo on it was considered a piece of ****. Turbos were mostly found on 4 bangers....the first guys to start putting turbos on V8 show cars were labelled heretics....... and look at where we are now... the V8 boys copying the ricers!!!!

You can just imagine this whole bunch of retards cheering and saying what a great idea it was if GM for example offered LS engined RWD versions of all of their small cars..... if GM did it - it would be a GREAT idea - but some guy in his backyard does it and he's a retard?????????
Old 09-17-2007, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

FAWk the haters. If they dont like the conversion or swap, they can bend over and lick thier own ***. It's not their ride, so they can just go away and build their own. People dont do these things for everyone else, tehy do it cause they are gearheads, motorheads and they're trying new things, and trying to push the envelope.

Might not be someone's taste, but you're no gearhead, car freak if you cant just appreciate the work that goes into some of these swaps.

ya I guess he should put the LS into something that someone has already done, ya cause that's real neato...
Old 09-17-2007, 04:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by crafty888
Just had a look over there at that thread about the Dodge

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=dodge+stratus

.. there's ANOTHER bunch of retards over there giving THAT guy **** about putting a TT'd LS in a Dodge Stratus - on top of that there is a subgroup of retards who are giving him MORE **** because he lives in Turkey. One guy makes reference to the LS'd Evo saying it is **** also.....

What the **** is wrong with some of the people on this site?????? They cant appreciate anything that's not the same as their taste and/or not from the USA.

..... back in the 80's (when the Japs started messing with Turbos) ANYTHING with a turbo on it was considered a piece of ****. Turbos were mostly found on 4 bangers....the first guys to start putting turbos on V8 show cars were labelled heretics....... and look at where we are now... the V8 boys copying the ricers!!!!

You can just imagine this whole bunch of retards cheering and saying what a great idea it was if GM for example offered LS engined RWD versions of all of their small cars..... if GM did it - it would be a GREAT idea - but some guy in his backyard does it and he's a retard?????????
nawww, more like too many people who are simply jealous. perpahs they dont have the skill to do such a swap themselves. so they have to hate.

anyhow, just checking in on the progress. nice vids, i want to see the beast run the track though. keep pushing! hope those eyes heal up well though

props
Old 09-17-2007, 08:35 AM
TECH Addict

Simply awesome. I saw this thread when it first came out and didnt check back in on purpose. Figured it was another pipe dream that would never come through. Very glad to see you have the ability and drive to get it done. As far as the whole sleeper thing............not so much.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=slow1999blackz28]
Originally Posted by Instant
No one cares your a dick!

-----------------------------

Wow thats kinda a little harsh for your first post unless you have another name on the site.
I don't think it is harsh at all. He doesn't need to bash on this dudes ride. It's unique and has someone who obviously has skill working on it.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by V8TJ
FAWk the haters. If they dont like the conversion or swap, they can bend over and lick thier own ***. It's not their ride, so they can just go away and build their own. People dont do these things for everyone else, tehy do it cause they are gearheads, motorheads and they're trying new things, and trying to push the envelope.

Might not be someone's taste, but you're no gearhead, car freak if you cant just appreciate the work that goes into some of these swaps.

ya I guess he should put the LS into something that someone has already done, ya cause that's real neato...

I really couldn't agree more, while I'm not a fan of the Civic HB(not the point). As an enthusiast I have to appreciate the fabrication skills he has and the amount of work put into the project. Our personal feelings of the cars he chose to use are just that our preferences and have no place here. This project is pure hot rodding. Take monster cubes, shoe-horn it in a tiny car, go stupid fast. While spending the least amount of funds possible by buying quality parts at bargains and doing as much as possible in house. Truly amazing project. And as far as the negative people are concerned, to hell with them, this hobby is about making yourself happy. Doing what you want to do with your own stuff. They don't have to drive it, or stare at it sitting in their driveway. Besides think of how many of them you'll make cry after it tears them a new one.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Launching!

soooo is nopi over yet so we can get some pics and vids?!
Old 09-18-2007, 12:54 AM
Teching In

props on the fab if anything!
Old 09-18-2007, 01:55 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

burnout and doughnuts

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j9...afilter=videos
Old 09-18-2007, 02:05 AM
Teching In