Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Favorite Prog and Diag Tool??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Favorite Prog and Diag Tool??

I'm doing a survey. What is everyone's favorite programming and diagnostic tool and why? I'm researching a few but there doesn't appear to be a general consensus. thanks -
Old 05-07-2003, 09:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Favorite Prog and Diag Tool??

I have Autotap and will eventually get LS1edit. From my own research and from reading feedback from users, these seem to be the most comprehensive and versatile units.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:03 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the generic version of Autotap. It's okay. I bought the universal so I could use it with any OBD2 car. It's pretty basic and is only really useful for verifying the basic stuff, checking and resetting codes. It also seems pretty slow and disconnects itself alot. It looks to have been written in VisualBasic. Low rent.

I downloaded the trial version of EFIlive. If you have a cable already, they let you use it for 5 second intervals. It is pretty impressive. Sometime soon I'll have to scrape together some bucks for the full licensed version (actually, I think they just email you the unlock key).
Old 05-08-2003, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a scanner from Snap-On. A excellent tool but probably a lot more money than most people would want to invest in a tool like this. Hopefully someone soon will have something that rivals LS1edit. It seems like it is a good product but could be made to be a lot easier to use.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wanted to clarify that I have Autotap FOR LS1. It monitors just about everything, real time, and is VERY useful, and seems to me to be VERY expensive as well.