Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will an LSx motor and tranny fit in a VW GTI?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,452 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Andrew i think Bob from EPP was looking at this idea for a ferrari they had in. the problem is you cant a get manual trany for the FWDs can you???

an alternative would be to mate the LS to a G50 from a 911 (keeping it german! ). you have to flip the box the other way but this has been done a million and 1 times!

now I'm not sure how much room the golf has but here is some picks of a SBC in the back of a kit car. got to GTR and then to gallery @ www.ultimasportscars.com

would be a very intresting project but its not the maddest i have seen/heard about. MTM has done a twin engine TT and a german tuner has done a twin engined golf using either 1.8T motors (good for 700bhp each) or VR6/R32 turbo engines! that was nuts! lol

Chris.
With a G50 the engine will end up in the front seat area in that little car. You will need a transverse arrangement to make it possible. IN all reality, unless your doing it for pure "alternative" motives, there are a lot easier and simpler ways of going fast...LOL

For a manual gear box I would look at the g-force FWD transaxle.

Andrew
Old 08-01-2007, 01:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
With a G50 the engine will end up in the front seat area in that little car. You will need a transverse arrangement to make it possible. IN all reality, unless your doing it for pure "alternative" motives, there are a lot easier and simpler ways of going fast...LOL

For a manual gear box I would look at the g-force FWD transaxle.

Andrew
oohhhhh the g-force box sounds nice! any idea how much power it can take?? bet you could get it as a 6 speed sequebtial to! lol

Chris.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,452 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
oohhhhh the g-force box sounds nice! any idea how much power it can take?? bet you could get it as a 6 speed sequebtial to! lol

Chris.
I have no experience with it but I bet it will handle whatever you can throw at it with a 5.3L. It's a dog ring box, so with the right shifter and engine management it can be sequential.

Andrew

Quick Reply: Will an LSx motor and tranny fit in a VW GTI?