Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reversed/flipped truck manis on s10??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default reversed/flipped truck manis on s10??

Doing a 6ltr swap on my 99 s10 this october and was wondering if anyone has tried this to get a turbo going....Will they fit, will they work like that with the truck accys??
Old 08-13-2007, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

I can't say for certain, but I don't think they'll work either flipped or reversed....

If you reverse them (pass on drivers, drivers on pass) I think the outlet on the drivers side will be pointed at the PS box or PS pump, neither of which will work out. It's possible the manifolds might clear that stuff. You wouldn't know until you tried it.

If you flip them, (drivers on drivers side, pointed up and forward) the outlet will be pointed pretty much where the alternator is located.

F-body accessories don't work for the S-series because the alternator and the PS box try to occupy the same space. Now, if you can come up with a rack and pinion setup, that might make the f-body access work, meaning truck manifolds flipped would work, but that'd be alot of work and $$$ to be able to use iron manifolds.

Again, haven't tried it, but I did try the truck manifolds on my truck (in the normal orientation, and the outlets were pointed directly into the framerails.

'JustDreamin'
Old 08-13-2007, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

you flip the passenger, leave the drivers side. front mount, single. there is a big info sticky in the forced induction section. I have been thinking about one but the conversion cost is, I need to just get back on the road.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by OnyxSilveradoSS
you flip the passenger, leave the drivers side. front mount, single. there is a big info sticky in the forced induction section. I have been thinking about one but the conversion cost is, I need to just get back on the road.
Does the drivers side fit in an S10? I don't think it does.

I know my 4wd S10 has a a slightly different frame than a 2wd (but the cab mounts in about the same spot), but I mocked up the drivers side 6.0 exhaust manifold and it dumped directly into the framerail when installed in the "normal" orientation.

That reminds me that I've got a set of '04 6.0 manifolds that I need to clean up and sell.....

'JustDreamin'
Old 08-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Launching!

Might just have to do the fbody mani on the drivers side, or go with sanderson...

Quick Reply: reversed/flipped truck manis on s10??