Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Pics of Ls1 240

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sar
yes i am serious. its a waste of a car with great 50/50. perfect road race/drift car. why not do a fox body or camaro and be done with it. way cheaper too

and to elaborate a lil bit,

since you asked,
240s have great balance, they are cheap sports cars with 50/50 balance. its a perfect car for drift/ road race. of course the work done is astonishing by proportions but it that just question "why" pops up.

like i said to each its own. just hurts my heart to see another all "drag" 240. just going straight ruins that car. but thats my opinion. i used to drag before i got into drifting pretty hardcore 2 years ago and im never going back, just dont see a challenge as a driver. its just plainly boring after a while.

but there are people out there who like to drag and thats fine. i just said my opinion. everyone has their own flavor. i didnt say that the car was ****, it took a great deal of work. just not setup for what I like. to me its no different than going rb26 and then doing big single turbo... just not fun for me
My guess is that you got bored of drag racing because you had a slow car. Thats really not our fault. So anyways take your hate elsewhere
Old 09-23-2007, 12:22 PM
sar
Banned

well i think its a great setup i just biased against all-out-drag cars. especially 240s. actually nothing is left of the 240 excepf for the unibody.

and if i didnt love lsx series motors i wont be on this forum. im just not in the same game you are. and my ls1 is for my drift car because its simply superior in power per dollar to sr or rb or other swaps really.

but hey i think it sounds like it should sound, cant beat the sound of the v8. its funny that you posted link to zilvia thread. lots of food for thought there.

good luck with you car sir!

Last edited by sar; 09-23-2007 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Resident

that is gangster.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sar
yes i am serious. its a waste of a car with great 50/50. perfect road race/drift car. why not do a fox body or camaro and be done with it. way cheaper too

and to elaborate a lil bit,

since you asked,
240s have great balance, they are cheap sports cars with 50/50 balance. its a perfect car for drift/ road race. of course the work done is astonishing by proportions but it that just question "why" pops up.

like i said to each its own. just hurts my heart to see another all "drag" 240. just going straight ruins that car. but thats my opinion. i used to drag before i got into drifting pretty hardcore 2 years ago and im never going back, just dont see a challenge as a driver. its just plainly boring after a while.

but there are people out there who like to drag and thats fine. i just said my opinion. everyone has their own flavor. i didnt say that the car was ****, it took a great deal of work. just not setup for what I like. to me its no different than going rb26 and then doing big single turbo... just not fun for me

omg shutup.

this is a car forum.

people modify cars.

let it go.

fun.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Teching In

This is Charlie and i helped a little on Blakes 240, this is by no means the only car that Blake has or has modified in fact as far as i know he never had a stock car. The quality of work on this car is very good its not completed yet as there is a lot to this setup. Its too bad some one cant appreciate the work that goes into doing a car like this becouse it goes against his likes! I have a 93 fd rx7 i drag race it, and it drifts even when i dont want it to, thats my taste. I say to each his own and if its done well give them props if you dont like it what makes you think your opnion is worth giving!! Thanks.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:20 PM
9 Second Club

looks great!! keep up the good work
Old 09-23-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sar gave his opinion... fair enough, drop it. I just want to see the thing in person... drool.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:05 AM
Staging Lane

I saw this thing running around at the Street Machine Nationals. Pics don't do it much justice. The Blazer looked mean, this thing just looks scary.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:46 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Drifting is extremely gay, you are basically doing controlled donuts over a road course who cares about that crap.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:51 AM
sar
Banned

if you say so sweetie.

i dont deny, thats one fast car.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Drifting is extremely gay, you are basically doing controlled donuts over a road course who cares about that crap.

LOL I LOVE YOU
Old 09-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Drifting is cool only when they crash and ruin their cars.

And thats a bada** 240 anxious to see completed videos on the track or you terrorizing the street.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sad thing is your confused and upset and even quoted what John said.......

The funny thing is most on here think the same way as John..... were not into it.....
I love going fast in a straight line.....

Kyle
Old 09-24-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Holy crap, not looking to make enemies here, but that is quite an asinine comment... I don't know much about drifting, but after watching an amateur "run whatcha brung" promo thing up at GIR and getting to see a couple of sponsored guys go at it, I wish I could drive that good! Everyone was having a blast! Even the bunch of old drag racers watching in the staging lanes! Really drag racing is quite boring when you think about it... but alot of people like it, as do I. The guy just said why he didn't care for such a good road race/drift/corner carver car being built for straight line action... he didn't rip on the build quality or bash the car at all really. He gave his opinion, which is just as good as yours or mine... let it go for God's sake!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

drift is an acronym for:

Dumb
Ricers
Intentionally
F***ing-up
Tires

sorry but I prefer the term powerslide, not some cool, new, hip term renaming what the Duke boys were doing almost 30 years ago
anyways, lets get some pics of that sweet S14
Old 09-24-2007, 05:29 PM
sar
Banned

spoken like an ignorant person with a mentality of a 16 year old.

powerslide or actually powerover is one of initiation tecniques in drift. besides that theres ebrake, clutchkick, shiftlock, kansai, faint, sway and etc. you dont even know what are you talking about. very very sad. theres alot to drifting.

but anyway,
stop going off topic
unless you want to make more ignorant comments about drifting. just let it go.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

i used to hate it just as much as you, till i tried it.

competitions are gay, judging drifting is gay, but doing it is fun. and thats all that matters. drag racing is boring after spending a weekend on a road course (not even drift, just grip).
Old 09-24-2007, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sar

You have to get much faster than 15's for it to be "a challenge". Your statement about car choice is flat out wrong. 240's are a great platform for drag, better than many domestics, 4000 lb supras, and all wrong wheel drive cars. Just because it is also great for many other forms of racing doesnt mean different. You do realize they also drag in JDM land right?

I enjoy drifting, but any "racing" thats judged or based on crowd support is not true competition. If you think its "a challenge", then I would stay away from any grip racing. Of course, Im speaking of most "drifters", but the few that excell at car control like mikespeed are truely skilled.

Its always funny to me when one of the drifters get high and mighty about thier sport, or a car they "think" should be done thier way. Thats like a pro wrestler telling a UFC fighter he's fighting wrong (which is to say that skill is involved, but its still only a show). And the fact that "drifting" has been going on in america since before there were JDM cars. However, I guess they should be given credit for slapping a new name to it and creating thier own form of "pro wrestling".

As for the zilvia boys, most are a discrace to true 240sx's enthusiasts. God forbid someone creating a work of art out of thier beloved JDM tyte (yet USDM) silvia without the use of fiberglass or cheap parts.

And to the OP, that is one of the sweetest 240's I have ever seen. Great job!! Waiting on vids of it running
Old 09-25-2007, 10:03 AM
8 Second Club

Great analogy.....drifting IS the "Pro Wrestling" of all the auto sports. LMAO! I'm sure it takes lots of driver skill and practice, no doubt about that. But I agree with PSJ.....its extremely GAY and pointless. Although I have been known to watch NOPI on TV once and a while.....but, it's NOT to see the cars.

Craig
Old 09-25-2007, 11:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1fastWS6
Great analogy.....drifting IS the "Pro Wrestling" of all the auto sports. LMAO! I'm sure it takes lots of driver skill and practice, no doubt about that. But I agree with PSJ.....its extremely GAY and pointless. Although I have been known to watch NOPI on TV once and a while.....but, it's NOT to see the cars.

Craig

there are cars in NOPI? i have never seen them before, i thought it was show about hot *** women!!!!

Quick Reply: More Pics of Ls1 240