Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could this be a first for a LS1 swap !? Hmmm...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about a caprice wagon? I've always thought that would be a cool swap. This generation of impala/caprice's typically get the ghetto treatment or remain mom cars. I think a 6 speed, turbo, LS1 in a wagon would be a fantastic swap.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:24 AM
10 Second Club

Hell why not, righ' spinna's for show too!
Old 11-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 79 caddy 2 door that is beggin for an LS1 , or perhaps an 8.1 Votec.....
Old 11-25-2007, 04:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 9540x
How about a caprice wagon? I've always thought that would be a cool swap. This generation of impala/caprice's typically get the ghetto treatment or remain mom cars. I think a 6 speed, turbo, LS1 in a wagon would be a fantastic swap.
My friend Skinnies was actually thinking of doing that. He came across a good deal on a ugly wagon that was perfect for doing something like that, all the way down to having the fake vinyl wood on the sides!

Someone should do it, the thing would clean house out on the streets I'm sure !

Originally Posted by Lowerit
I have a 79 caddy 2 door that is beggin for an LS1 , or perhaps an 8.1 Votec.....
Oh that would be sick ! You could even make it into something capable or turning too. I have always LOVED this one:

Old 11-26-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KC Henry
I have always LOVED this one:

Ditto, that is a badass Caddy!
Old 11-26-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Darth Z
Ditto, that is a badass Caddy!
Good to see that I am not the only one that likes big heavy cars that can smoke many, more expensive "Exotic Sports Cars".
Old 11-26-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think if it was in black primer it would look good. That wouldnt cost alot and would preserve your metal a little better.

Nice job!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KC Henry
Good to see that I am not the only one that likes big heavy cars that can smoke many, more expensive "Exotic Sports Cars".
Hell yea!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Launching!

Jeff Schwartz put the engine together for my Ultima. I did the '06 Hot Rod Power Tour with him in his Ultima before it got the 1000hp twin turbo in it.

I had the pleasure of taking his caddie for a spin..... it was awesome. He said he was inspired by the M5 BMW and the E55 Benz and this was his interpretation of what GM would have built for a luxury sports car.

Huge power, great handling and brakes. He reworked the suspension geometry and it really handled well. I recommend a look around his site, there's a load of cool stuff there - his chassis line is awesome.

The Caddie was for sale recently - not sure if he sold it.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my caddy is an inherited 79 Phaeton 2 door , in silver... looks bear identical to that..

U guys are mean ..Ihave no restraint!!!

aIhave seen that car in a few mags..I was gonna go the caddy route , but it's so bloody expensive!...

an Ls1 would be a lot easier and shave a ton of weight offof the car.

Ohhh a 6spd caddy....
Old 11-29-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by crafty888

Jeff Schwartz put the engine together for my Ultima. I did the '06 Hot Rod Power Tour with him in his Ultima before it got the 1000hp twin turbo in it.

I had the pleasure of taking his caddie for a spin..... it was awesome. He said he was inspired by the M5 BMW and the E55 Benz and this was his interpretation of what GM would have built for a luxury sports car.

Huge power, great handling and brakes. He reworked the suspension geometry and it really handled well. I recommend a look around his site, there's a load of cool stuff there - his chassis line is awesome.
The planet would be a better place if more people built cars like his awesome Caddy. lol

Originally Posted by Lowerit
my caddy is an inherited 79 Phaeton 2 door , in silver... looks bear identical to that..

U guys are mean ..Ihave no restraint!!!

aIhave seen that car in a few mags..I was gonna go the caddy route , but it's so bloody expensive!...

an LS1 would be a lot easier and shave a ton of weight off of the car.

Ohhh a 6spd caddy....
Ohhh that would badass.... get r done !
Old 05-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Teching In

what kind of oil pan you have ??
Old 05-04-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by festo
what kind of oil pan you have ??
Stock 1998 Trans Am oil pan, with my cross member "notched" to help it tuck down lower into the engine bay.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Have they ever fixed the pot holes at KCIR? Last time I raced there they had a hole in the burn out area you could loose a VW in. I like your air cleaner. Can you tell me where you got it and a part #?
Old 05-06-2008, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Buckndol
Have they ever fixed the pot holes at KCIR? Last time I raced there they had a hole in the burn out area you could lose a VW in. I like your air cleaner. Can you tell me where you got it and a part #?
Aaahhh the poor condition of KCIR Well I actually haven't been back yet this year yet. I was waiting until I made some more changes to see if I could get any faster then my 12.7 @ 104.

I have heard rumors that KCIR has done some work to the track recently and that they have repaved a lot of stuff and that they might actually have working time boards this year (what a novel idea, right?).

As of for my air cleaner, I am unsure what the part number is but you can get them at most any auto parts store that carries "Ricer" stuff. It was the cheapest Air Filter/Intake that we could find, because I plan to eventually fab up some sort of Cold Air Intake (CIA) for it so it will stop drawing in the hot radiator air that is right in front of my Air Filter/Intake currently. I am unsure but have heard rumors that CIA's actually make a decent difference in comparison to drawing in hot radiator air, so we'll have to see.

Quick Reply: Could this be a first for a LS1 swap !? Hmmm...